• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Heard Voices - Very well.

N

natalie

Hi Fokls/Hi All,

I'm very well, I haven't had no heard voices to report at this time.

I have been listening to music and knitting, and also music listening and whilst on line.

Oh yes, I am still adhering to the 25ml dose, on Abilify.

Have a good day all,

Best regards all.

D

Deleted member 86004

Former member
What are you knitting? :) I tried to pick up knitting but I didn't get very far haha :LOL: now quarantine has me wanting to learn how to sew but I think I would honestly rather sew by hand than learn to deal with a sewing machine 🤔

N

natalie

Hi Subota999,

Thanks for your post.

I am knitting square pieces. Eventually, these square pieces will be transformed into a blanket.

I am slightly better at knitting, and also with the lockdown, gives a chance to perform my knitted stitches much better! I can cast on, knit, the only big problem, my casting off has been terrible, I just can't manage, it, however, shown a piece of cast off knitting to mother recently, I am slightly improving! Thank goodness for that.

How about cross stitching pattern designs, that would only involve you sewing by hand?

Just an idea.

Best Wishes.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I'm very well today. Happene to have been up earlier, so I was able to get my low impact salsacise group exercise workout dvd done, not too much though, I am just s tarting out in fitness again.

i am having what must be a dental route problem rather than sinuses, on upper set of my mouth, and off course, with the annoying lockdown, i can't book into dental. On the other hand, I have just felt my cheeks, and possibly more sinuses. I don't know.

i have a feeling I will have to take a painkiller. Very painful the tooth area at the present time.

I will try because of the mouth, ease into during the afternoon, with music listening, and knitting, and also I need to do a bit of a house chore.

Have a good day all,

Best regards all.

D

Deleted member 86004

Former member
Oh yeah I love cross stitching it's just hard to commit to sitting down and doing it, I always forget it's even an option :curseyou:
They have this scrubby "yarn" that you can knit into squares and use them to scrub dishes, they are lasting a good while so far for me

G

Georgia8

I just ordered some sewing also, long stitch it is of a winter garden. It sounds like a lovely thing to do and hope it helps with my voices who are terrible and constantly at me. Sending warm thoughts to you all x

N

natalie

Hi Georgia8,

I am just wondering, could you possibly consider, listening to music through headphones, while you do the sewing, might help with the voices?

For years and years, i have always along side of med of course, worked along side of music when I do needlework or knitting, and it is a marvellous tool aid, music listening therapy cds, this is, for me.

Welcome Aboard to MHF.

G

Georgia8

Thanks Natalie, that is a good idea. The only thing is I can hear the voices through my headphones, they still talk at me. I'll try and switch off and music does help me think of other things than them. Thanks for the thought and sending hugs, hope your day is nice x