• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Healthy Coping Skills

Jewellady5

Jewellady5

Good morning everyone. I was thinking this morning about healthy coping skills & why they are just as important as taking meds. I myself take Lamotrigine 25mg for my mood. But I also decided to play on my switch, listen to music that makes me dance, read & sometimes color. *Disclaimer* I'm not a licensed therapist or a doctor just someone who has been through a lot & have advice. You don't have to follow my advice if you don't want to. But I have noticed I'm a lot calmer & more at ease with myself. Plus I'm more focused & motivated to work on my overcoming
my trauma. All I'm saying is find the things you genuinely enjoy doing & do that ❤❤

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Thanks. I enjoy helping others. It’s hard sometimes because I have trouble helping myself. Good ideas!

🔹

migraine

migraine

Helping others is a good purpose and is genuine behaviour, but be honest we are of no help to others if we’re not helping ourselves.

Twinkle Toes

Twinkle Toes

Good morning everyone. I was thinking this morning about healthy coping skills & why they are just as important as taking meds. I myself take Lamotrigine 25mg for my mood. But I also decided to play on my switch, listen to music that makes me dance, read & sometimes color. *Disclaimer* I'm not a licensed therapist or a doctor just someone who has been through a lot & have advice. You don't have to follow my advice if you don't want to. But I have noticed I'm a lot calmer & more at ease with myself. Plus I'm more focused & motivated to work on my overcoming
my trauma. All I'm saying is find the things you genuinely enjoy doing & do that ❤❤
I use an old Wii U with Wii fit on for physio exercises and sometimes the Ring Fit (though I find some of those exercises a bit difficult with restricted mobility).

I have a set of electric pedals as I don't have good co-ordination in legs to pedal fluently so they pedal my legs for me as they're motorised. Sometimes I do the wii fit jog by strapping the remote to my leg to make the Mii jog and I also like the scenic cycle ride DVD's for exercise bikes and treadmills, it's nice and relaxing to sit and watch and pedal through the scenary. very de-stressing especially during lockdown and having to shield for a year!

I like watercolour too but haven't had the energy to get started recently ... I always make sure I manage to get my dog out at least once for at least an hour.. I have a mobility scooter luckily so that doesn't use too much energy but I'm always cold and often in pain (arthritis too) in the winter months so spend most of time under electric overblanket either on Breath of the Wild or Animal Crossing!!!

Hoping for some warmer weather soon so my joints defrost!!! :)

S

SunnyDaze

I'm bipolar. Paranoid schizophrenic. I have psychosis and been through several severe depression stages that lasted years. I've been falsely imprisoned for something I didn't do. I've died 3 times. I've experienced what lies beyond this domain. I am now who I am because of that very concept. Ur problems are only ur problems because u fight it and push it away because u believe u understand it and ur so far from actually perceiving the truth of what is happening inside your mind. You believe you are sick helpless and alone. This is the farthest thing from the truth. Your more than u would ever believe if I told u everything I know. You would cower in fear because of ur misunderstood conception of what is. But you must understand that your the projection of your intent and a slave to your desire. U are restricted to the laws of this reality and u allow your self to live in poverty. Anything I say to try and help someone has been tried tested and validated by me myself. It's been questioned and held to be effective in leading those out of darkness and confusion. I'm certain of everything I disclose cause I don't make stuff up. I don't lie. And I do my best not to bend the truth but truth is a fickle thing. Truth is absolute and undeniable. Have you ever tried to embrace everything that u r. Show love to ur parts that cause u affliction. If you believe your powerless then you will dwell in powerlessness. Perception is everything. Change your point of view. Stop responding with emotion. And disconnect your grasp on what you so undoubtedly believe. Your ideas are null your actions are useless. You can't approach the aspects of mind with worldly ideas they have no effect upon the other until u learn it's true nature
That's all great but still,I assume you don't understand what PTSD and cPTSD are.

Your opinions are really not even related to the topic here. But thanks for sharing,nonetheless.

Hugs

S

SunnyDaze

Your very right about that. Plus if we don't help ourselves no one else will. No one else can. You must approach your fears and show love to your fear. Then fear will understand you and not attack u. It's not about becoming fearless and un afflicted by things. But you must try to become friends with it. For you only fight those who are your enemies...but in truth nothing is your worst enemy except your self. You cause your guilt. Shame. Fear. Confusion. You doubt everything and hold no weight because you have given it all to everything your aware of and you have misunderstood the true intent and reason
Please research PTSD(cPTSD). Your advice is too simplistic and actually rather offensive. Trauma changes the brain,it's not helpful at all to say we cause our own guilt,shame ,fear and confusion.

That being said,I shall back away from this thread. It's too offensive. I'm sure you probably mean well but until you struggle with this disorder yourself please don't make it any harder for those who have it than it already is.

migraine

migraine

PTSDCPTSD.. Is as real as any other mental condition.

All of us are affected differently, and cope differently.

All opinions count.. and we all fight our battles alone.

Perception of ourselves is firstly most important, and we have to fight our own fight.

We share in order to expand our own knowledge to make our own choices - all in order to simply be comfortable in our own skin.

carlita

carlita

That's all great but still,I assume you don't understand what PTSD and cPTSD are.

Your opinions are really not even related to the topic here. But thanks for sharing,nonetheless.

Hugs
That's not a nice thing to say. Especially for someone who has any mental health condition.

S

SunnyDaze

That's not a nice thing to say. Especially for someone who has any mental health condition.
Yeah,you're probably right.

At the time of these posts though,mods edited and deleted some but not all,obviously.

There was more to this than what shows.

carlita

carlita

Yeah,you're probably right.

At the time of these posts though,mods edited and deleted some but not all,obviously.

There was more to this than what shows.
Oooh. I know different sites forums mods emphasize one thing over another. I haven't been here long at all but I read the rules given its a mental health forum and all. One of my posts was edited. The other, I don't know it was under review so I didn't go back and check.