• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Healthy anxiety anybody have cherry angiomas

I

Idkanymore86

I’m only in my early 30s but I keep getting tons of cherry angiomas on my chest and now breasts almost weekly. I’ve had tons on arms starting 20s no one else in my family has these. I’ve showed my dr ones on my arms two years ago she said they were harmless yet now I have tons.A dr in Chinese medicine wrote an article saying having them on breast’s meaning high estrogen and that estrogen is attacking blood vessels which could awaken cancer cells. I’m a wreck since reading it. I feel like I’m doomed. It’s scary that I keep getting more in short periods of time If they were harmless why that fast d they appear. I have appointment to check my hormones next week till then I need help someone to calm me down. Do you think the Chinese dr was rights anyone else have these get more really fast like me

S

singingspringtime

I don't have any myself but my partner does (and i quite like them :) ) - i've just researched a bit into the link between estrogen levels and the cherry angiomas, and while there does seem to be a link, there are also plenty of other things that can cause them (including genetics, vitamin deficiencies etc).
Do you have any signs of high estrogen, or is it just the angiomas causing you to worry?
I have quite high levels myself and high estrogen levels will often cause irregular periods, weight gain, severe pms and some other issues (including harmless fibroid lumps, i've had 4 now).

If you don't have any other symptoms, and honestly even if you do, i wouldn't worry too much. If your levels are high, the docs can treat that, and cancers have many causes, of which high estrogen is only a partial explanation rather than a definite cause.
There's also more than one type of estrogen, so it might easily be the case that even if your levels are a bit high, it might be a different type to the one that is linked to health issues.

I

Idkanymore86

No I get regular periods all the time the only thing is the cherrie angiomas also o don’t think it’s genetics as far as I know no one I’m close to has them. You don’t think I have high estrogen

I

Idkanymore86

I went to dr on Tuesday she said they were harmless didn’t need hormone tested that I showed no signs of high estrogen has normal blood test everything was good but everyday I’m getting more cherry angiomas on my boobs and I’m still freaked out why would I get them everyday that does not sound normal makes me worry I do have cherry angiomas or internal malignancy