• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Healthcare: Waiting for treatment

Unhinged

Unhinged

(i wasn't really sure where to put this thread, so sorry if this isn't the best place.)

i'm just curious if others are having the same problems i am with recieving healthcare or assistance for a mental health problem.

after battling this since 5th grade in silence, and nearly ending things every day for the past 7 months, i had an episode back at the start of the year and the soonest i can see a psychiatrist is feb 25th. so no medications, noone thats really listening or helping. they have me seeing a therapist once a week (who i know is just laughing at me anyways). this is becoming a major drain on my wallet, with all the blood tests, and co-pays.
my boyfriend made a comment earlier about leaving the US for better care. (he is not American, but S.African) and is constantly telling me how much better things are there.
to me it just seems that the system here is a true mess. it may just be where i live, and not the whole country, but its really feeling like noone wants to help us try to get better.

elastico

elastico

Personally, I don't know how you can deal with paying for your healthcare. I can commend you for that, I know I wouldn't ever be able to be in a situation like that!

emigrating for better healthcare is probably a good option- but even more importantly you have to make sure you're making the right decision. be sure to be happy where ever you go, otherwise it could make things worse for you.

If that is something you feel completely comfortable to do- with reasons outside of better healthcare- then go for it! ;)