• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Health Worrier

I

Inie

Funny enough when I see my therapist I always end up crying when I get home and take it out on my hubby as he has not finished the bungalow we bought 7 years ago. I am pleased it went well. The anxiety is probably because we let things out that we keep to ourselves. Well off to lay down and speak later. Take good care of yourself xx
You’re right.. emotions pour out. Its hard to be kind to others when we are hurting. Have a good night. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.

I

itsmeagain

Hi All. I’m 40, female and live with my lovely husband. Always been a worrier but the real mental suffering started a few years ago after I lost one parent to cancer, and have managed a few health emergencies for my other parent.

My problem is catastrophising over health symptoms. Mine and my loved ones. Whatever your complaint, I’ve googled it and decided it’s cancer within 30 mins. I don’t share my concern with you, but I will feel sick with worry. I will find a quiet spot to weep. Just heavy-heart-sadness as I run through what (I am sure) is going to happen. It can go on as long as the symptoms last (or longer) and it is exhausting. And a waste of life.

Does anyone else have this? Or have recovered from it?
Look up CBT techniques for this. Loads on YouTube.

I

Inie

Funny enough when I see my therapist I always end up crying when I get home and take it out on my hubby as he has not finished the bungalow we bought 7 years ago. I am pleased it went well. The anxiety is probably because we let things out that we keep to ourselves. Well off to lay down and speak later. Take good care of yourself xx
How’s did therapy go? Are you doing ok?

J

Jolly

Well I whinged about my hubby. He has a uti poor mite. She put me back on track and we got a few things sorted out. He read up about GAD which hex would never do before. I was completely exhausted and cried most of the afternoon and laid on the bed. Sunday was not too bad and today I feel as normal as I can be. I do feel for my hubby of course. He had antibiotics last week but it has come back with a vengeance. I am not one for crying orc showing emotion but it must have done me good. Enough of me how are you coping xx

I

Inie

Well I whinged about my hubby. He has a uti poor mite. She put me back on track and we got a few things sorted out. He read up about GAD which hex would never do before. I was completely exhausted and cried most of the afternoon and laid on the bed. Sunday was not too bad and today I feel as normal as I can be. I do feel for my hubby of course. He had antibiotics last week but it has come back with a vengeance. I am not one for crying orc showing emotion but it must have done me good. Enough of me how are you coping xx
Sorry about your hubby. Hope he feels better. UTIs aren’t fun. I’ve had my share. I also do a lot of crying myself. My hubby has to see me in such poor state most of the time. My psychiatrist wants to updose my med but I just don’t want to. Right now I feel like I have separation anxiety because I’m alone and hubby’s at work. I keep looking at the time wanting for time to pass. He won’t be home until 3 hours. Glad to hear you’re doing better today.

J

Jolly

Gosh I had that all last week it made me feel worse. Daughter bought a house with land and he spent call his time there last week as he was off work. It made me so ill and anxiety went through the roof. I am anxious about hubby as he is a grump old man when not well. I do feel for you being on your own. I have done sudoku and a couple of other things as that is my hobby. Do you have any hobbies xx

I

Inie

Gosh I had that all last week it made me feel worse. Daughter bought a house with land and he spent call his time there last week as he was off work. It made me so ill and anxiety went through the roof. I am anxious about hubby as he is a grump old man when not well. I do feel for you being on your own. I have done sudoku and a couple of other things as that is my hobby. Do you have any hobbies xx
My kids are grown. It gets lonely around the house. I don’t have a hobby. I use to sell on eBay but it was too much work and I stress very easily. I need to find another hobby. I feel like my anxiety and depression keeps me from doing even simple tasks. Do you think your meds are working for you. I feel like mine do help some days but it’s so hard to tell sometimes.

J

Jolly

I forgot to say that I did half hour of mindfulness yesterday as well. How are you coping xx

J

Jolly

Mine are all grown up with kids of their own. With lockdown I think it has made it even more difficult. I don’t have hobbies apart from sudoku but if I get it wrong I get more anxious (how silly of me). My only hobby is working part time. I led a very busy life and could hide it but now and after the medical issues I am usually a mess but hide it well at work. I take a tablet If I am too bad before work and also wear a mask at work so that hides my face. The tablet does work but Saturday I was a complete and utter mess and took 4 to calm me down. I cannot cope being at home all day. Hubby takes and picks me up from work so I don’t worry about traffic jams. The days can be so long. Try getting into mindfulness. I have not done it today so will probably suffer tomorrow. I do find it helps. Gosh I feel for you. What time is it where you are x

I

Inie

I also do mindfulness, it helps calm me. I like to go out in my backyard and just look at nature. When my hubby around we watch a lot of Netflix. I wish I wasn’t plagued by anxiety or else I would do so much more.

I

Inie

Mine are all grown up with kids of their own. With lockdown I think it has made it even more difficult. I don’t have hobbies apart from sudoku but if I get it wrong I get more anxious (how silly of me). My only hobby is working part time. I led a very busy life and could hide it but now and after the medical issues I am usually a mess but hide it well at work. I take a tablet If I am too bad before work and also wear a mask at work so that hides my face. The tablet does work but Saturday I was a complete and utter mess and took 4 to calm me down. I cannot cope being at home all day. Hubby takes and picks me up from work so I don’t worry about traffic jams. The days can be so long. Try getting into mindfulness. I have not done it today so will probably suffer tomorrow. I do find it helps. Gosh I feel for you. What time is it where you are x
You have grandkids..how lovely. I am still waiting for my sons to get married. My daughter just started college. With lockdown it has made our lives more difficult. You can say I don’t really have any hobbies. It’s good you are able to work. I had to leave my teaching job because my anxiety was unbearable and I was getting migraines. I’m always close to taking my as needed tablet. I try my best to fight it off or I take a beta blocker which usually isnt that fast to work. Sometimes I have to wait close to 2 hours for it work. Days are long especially when you’re alone. Find some time to do mindfulness and I will do the same. BTW it’s close to 1pm over here.

J

Jolly

1pm. It is strange that we can still text. One of my daughters lives in Australia and was due home last year but due to lockdown could not come. We text a lot due to the time difference. My other daughter I can see her house where I live but again can’t go. They have just bought a piece of land and pulling the bungalow down and rebuilding it. It will take about two years. As I said hubby just leaves ours as he loves it where they have bought the new place. I have four grandchildren 3 girls and 1 boy. It is a sad situation. When Lindsey left 11 years ago my heart broke. I still miss them dreadfully. They have a good life out there. It is lonely when you are left on your own. I do feel for you especially with all the anxiety but I do think you are coping better than me as last week I did not cope at all. Not sure I told you but hubby works at a hospital and I am lucky he can work from home (he hates it). I dread the day he goes back. So sad you had to leave your teaching job. Could you not go back part time to see how you cope. I have just taken a tablet as I am not strong enough to fight it like you xx

I

Inie

1pm. It is strange that we can still text. One of my daughters lives in Australia and was due home last year but due to lockdown could not come. We text a lot due to the time difference. My other daughter I can see her house where I live but again can’t go. They have just bought a piece of land and pulling the bungalow down and rebuilding it. It will take about two years. As I said hubby just leaves ours as he loves it where they have bought the new place. I have four grandchildren 3 girls and 1 boy. It is a sad situation. When Lindsey left 11 years ago my heart broke. I still miss them dreadfully. They have a good life out there. It is lonely when you are left on your own. I do feel for you especially with all the anxiety but I do think you are coping better than me as last week I did not cope at all. Not sure I told you but hubby works at a hospital and I am lucky he can work from home (he hates it). I dread the day he goes back. So sad you had to leave your teaching job. Could you not go back part time to see how you cope. I have just taken a tablet as I am not strong enough to fight it like you xx
I miss the kids being little. I thank God I wasn’t sick then. I’m not coping very well right now. My anxiety is at its peak. I don’t feel strong enough to fight it so tablet it is. I was the same hubby was working from home for months but he had to go back work. Its hard adjust to him not around. Hubby will be coming home soon. I hope I won’t be crying when he gets here.

J

Jolly

Oh bless you. Take a tablet so it does not get worse. I did not cope when they were little but they had a lovely upbringing and turned out very loving and considerate. Shows how much I can hide it. Hubby won’t be long now. You take care of yourself and we will speak tomorrow. Off to bed to try and relax. Great talking to you xx

I

Inie

Oh bless you. Take a tablet so it does not get worse. I did not cope when they were little but they had a lovely upbringing and turned out very loving and considerate. Shows how much I can hide it. Hubby won’t be long now. You take care of yourself and we will speak tomorrow. Off to bed to try and relax. Great talking to you xx
Sounds good. Hope you settle well to sleep.