• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Health Worrier

J

Jolly

Well in my opinion you are doing great with only taking it once or twice a week. You should be proud of yourself for that. Just keep posting and if you want to you can pm me. I will always listen to you.

I

Inie

Well in my opinion you are doing great with only taking it once or twice a week. You should be proud of yourself for that. Just keep posting and if you want to you can pm me. I will always listen to you.
I am also taking other meds too. Nothing works better than benzos in my opinion. I wish I can take every day but it might stop working. So how are you feeling today?

J

Jolly

I had a bad night with panic and anxiety. I work part time for a consultant psychiatrist (how ironic) but I am good at hiding my anxiety etc then when I get home I am a mess. I am just starting to feel anxious but will try and relax when I go to bed. I see my therapist on Saturday. As I know most of the mental health team etc it was hard to find one I did not know. It is a debilitating condition we have. Tomorrow is another day. You take care till the next time we chat. Just pm and I will get back you ASAP. I am thinking of you innie. Please take care xx

I

Inie

I had a bad night with panic and anxiety. I work part time for a consultant psychiatrist (how ironic) but I am good at hiding my anxiety etc then when I get home I am a mess. I am just starting to feel anxious but will try and relax when I go to bed. I see my therapist on Saturday. As I know most of the mental health team etc it was hard to find one I did not know. It is a debilitating condition we have. Tomorrow is another day. You take care till the next time we chat. Just pm and I will get back you ASAP. I am thinking of you innie. Please take care xx
So sorry you had a bad night. Do you take anything at night to help you settle to sleep? Or even melatonin? I have to take my Olanzapine at night or I will stay up. I use to be able disguise my anxiety but it got so bad I had to leave my job. I’m still employed as a sub teacher but I haven’t been back to work in 3 years. I have bad anxiety too but it usually peaks in the afternoon. But it’s always there like a black cloud above me. Let me know how it goes with your therapist on Saturday. I hope you’ll be able to get some peaceful sleep. We need more good days/ nights. Take care too.

J

Jolly

Other meds don’t agree with me. Another bad night. Shaky tummy etc. God knows how I still work. Will you know how therapy goes. Take care of you c

I

Inie

Other meds don’t agree with me. Another bad night. Shaky tummy etc. God knows how I still work. Will you know how therapy goes. Take care of you c
Hope you have a better night. Most meds don’t work for me either. The bright side is you are still able to work. I know it’s not easy. Hang in there.

J

Jolly

I am trying but hubby I think is avoiding me because he is sick of me so not that good at all. Thinking of you and thank you xx

I

Inie

I am trying but hubby I think is avoiding me because he is sick of me so not that good at all. Thinking of you and thank you xx
It’s hard for people that don’t have anxiety to understand. I get what you’re going through. I recently took it’s called Genesight test. This determines what antidepressant are compatible with your genes. It is a helpful tool.

J

Jolly

That sounds a good idea but never heard of it. Meds just do not agree with me. Let me know how you get on xx

I

Inie

That sounds a good idea but never heard of it. Meds just do not agree with me. Let me know how you get on xx
It something you need to get through your doctor. I know they offer it here in the U.S. but unsure about the U.K. l would definitely ask about it. There’s no blood test just need to swab inside of your cheeks.

I

Inie

That is a brilliant idea. I will google it. Take care xx
Sounds good. How is your day going? Do you have anxiety during the daytime or mostly at night. For me nights are little better than days.

J

Jolly

Blinking both. Too many what ifs and then I start. When I go to bed I seem to relax a little bit but then if I wake up it starts and continues. I get so fed up with myself and frustrated but I also have to be kind to myself. How are you xx

I

Inie

Blinking both. Too many what ifs and then I start. When I go to bed I seem to relax a little bit but then if I wake up it starts and continues. I get so fed up with myself and frustrated but I also have to be kind to myself. How are you xx
Just got off the phone with my therapist. We had a pleasant conversation. I don’t why l started shaking with anxiety after. Hate this feeling might have to take a Klonopin.

J

Jolly

Funny enough when I see my therapist I always end up crying when I get home and take it out on my hubby as he has not finished the bungalow we bought 7 years ago. I am pleased it went well. The anxiety is probably because we let things out that we keep to ourselves. Well off to lay down and speak later. Take good care of yourself xx