• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

health problems and not able to eat enough!

A

arxgoodwin

i'll try and keep this as short as possible! I've been through disordered eating before so i'm very aware of my thought processes around food, i try to keep a healthy and happy relationship with it but recently that has been a struggle.

My diet is pretty restrictive at the moment, i'm vegan (i'm not saying being vegan is restrictive i actually love being vegan!!!) but on top of that i had to go through an elimination diet for health problems, the kinds of food i can eat are limited, and im worried im not eating enough, but im also not hungry. I know i'm not eating enough food to support my body but i just don't get hungry. I recently worked through emotional eating problems and it helped me get back in tune with my body so i stop eating when im full and eat when im hungry but i know it isnt enough! Im already slim and i keep losing weight and muscle. When i try to eat more my stomach problems come back and i get really bloated and im in pain but if i dont eat enough calories i just keep losing weight! I'm so tired all the time, i can't work out anymore and i am having to fight really hard to keep depression and anxiety at bay! i don't eat much compared to what i used to eat, but i dont know how to eat anymore food!

Thanks in advance loves x

H

Helena1

eat more calorie dense foods/ drink calories.

A

arxgoodwin

sorry i should have included more info haha, pretty much 50% of my calories are dense fats, i can;t drink smoothies or drink calories as it hurts my stomach!! thank you for your suggestion though i appreciate that you took the time to reply!!

BPDevil

BPDevil

i have similar stomach issues,i got told to add more fibre to my diet and its been helping a lot, i think like me its not about eating more or less, its eating the right kind of things

A

agse01

That definitely sounds frustrating! I can understand why you would have anxiety. I have issues with my stomach as well and it's hard to want to eat when those things are going on, however, as you know you do need to get calories in so healthy food choices are imperative when we aren't consuming enough. If you aren't hungry, can you drink? What about some nutritional supplement drinks? That way you would at least be getting many of your vitamins and minerals. If you can't drink supplements, then I would make sure you are getting enough proteins and healthy fats for sure along with fiber. I might also take a multi-vitamin to help with those things you might be missing in your diet. Just some thoughts. Hope things get better for you soon!

Bernardos

Bernardos

Have you got yoyrself tested for things like sibo,leaky gut issues,low stomach acid,h pylori etc
I'm in the exact same spot you are in,i tried vegan as well,it only made my digestion problems worse.
Which foods can and can't you eat?