• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Health Anxiety

R

Rachael Rose

Hi

I’ve suffered from health anxiety since I was a teenager.
Last year I had a period of extreme anxiety which lasted 7 months. I had various symptoms of anxiety while waiting on blood test results. Thankfully my results were clear but 8 months later my body had retained some symptoms i.e. pins and needles in my feet and an intolerance to heat all over my body. I’m sure I’ve read that the body can retain pseudo symptoms but I was wondering if anyone had expert this. I have lots of sympathy for anyone with mental health problems as only fellow sufferers really understand how it rules your life.😘

90s_cat

90s_cat

I have really bad health anxiety, the pandemic definitely made it worse :(
The body/mind definitely can play tricks on you, and I think it's the cortisol levels rising from stress that can make you feel ill. My doctor diagnosed me with fibromyalgia after putting me through a bunch of tests, which (from what I understand) is a sort of mind-body disorder.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hiya x welcome here x i suffer from health anxiety too ,but mine is i worry about others health
i hope to see you around and will support you best i can x Lu x