• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Health anxiety

R

Rach05

I always have so much anxiety about my health. Google everything. I have asthma and have had a bad cold which has went into my chest and I took a panic attack as I felt I couldn't breathe. Fear of having an asthma attack. 😪 my chest is wheezy when I give a big cough it clears a bit but I just keep worrying. Going to ring gp tomorrow, maybe need antibiotics. Wish I could just chill out a bit. Hate my mind going off like this always torture myself. Anyone else like this?

M

matt42069

I had or still have similar problem but with heart . i have a minor problem and every time after my panic attack i felt minor bigger or lesser heartbeat i wen into panic or stress that my heart is about to stop . It will get betetr after u chekc to doctor as i did which assured my heart is fine . It will get easier .

Dak

Dak

Yes, my head has been in pain for the last month and I keep thinking it's a tumor. I wake up with no headache, but as soon as I'm up it starts all over. Every single day.

I

Ilovedogs1890

I suffer really bad too. Every single body sensation I think there is something wrong and it instantly sends me into a panic attack. Which in turn makes it worse. I panic about panic because every time I think something is seriously wrong. It’s awful.

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

I suffer really bad too. Every single body sensation I think there is something wrong and it instantly sends me into a panic attack. Which in turn makes it worse. I panic about panic because every time I think something is seriously wrong. It’s awful.
That's so familiar. Everything gets amplified, a headache is a stroke, tight chest is a heart attack, stomach ache cancer...it's exhausting isn't it?!
And I panic about panicking too - that's how I became virtually agoraphobic. Panicking about panicking definitely makes everything worse, but it's hard to stop the cycle sometimes.

I

Ilovedogs1890

It sure is. I am now seeing a therapist and they are helping. They help you deal with how to cope with panic and thoughts that are catastrophic. But my god it’s exhausting to live with it.

J

Johnjohnmcclain

Same issues. I’m in a rut. Every minor feeling or sensation throws me into full panic.

R

Rach05

Has been going on for a while now like this. Got bad today in work my breathing and then of course took a panic attack. Seen gp today and he sounded my chest turns out I've infection in my right lung. Bronchitis. Antibiotics and steroids now. Still feel a anxious tho. I think I will start back on the meds been off them since July. Thought I was ok but don't think I am really. Thank u everyone for replying xxx

A

Aphexbin

Hi all,

Currently going through an episode of this awfulness myself.

Restarted Citalopram after years of being off it. I have health anxiety and generalised anxiety. Currently I have a lot of stomach issues. Reflux, cramps and a bit of constipation.......in my head it is now bowel cancer. I had a stint of this before going back on the meds and I dunno if the meds are giving me these symptoms or anxiety is or neither and I genuinely have something wrong.

Hate keep going back to the docs because I feel I'm bothering them and part of me doesn't want to find out if I'm genuinely ill.

So there it is, the cycle that probably a lot of us go through because of this awful, life blighting thing we call anxiety. It really does ruin lives

M

matt42069

Hi all,

Currently going through an episode of this awfulness myself.

Restarted Citalopram after years of being off it. I have health anxiety and generalised anxiety. Currently I have a lot of stomach issues. Reflux, cramps and a bit of constipation.......in my head it is now bowel cancer. I had a stint of this before going back on the meds and I dunno if the meds are giving me these symptoms or anxiety is or neither and I genuinely have something wrong.

Hate keep going back to the docs because I feel I'm bothering them and part of me doesn't want to find out if I'm genuinely ill.

So there it is, the cycle that probably a lot of us go through because of this awful, life blighting thing we call anxiety. It really does ruin lives
ive had my panic attacks or anxiety attacks under control for like 3 - 4 months now its happening again . And im myself dont live a healthy life so every unusual activity in my body ( like increased heart rate , feeling tired or anything else ) sends my entire body into hysteria that smth is about to happen to me . IDK if i have any decease right now besies ofc anxiety , but im also kinda scared to even find out if i do , cause if i do , it will boost my anxiety and my panic attacks .

A

Aphexbin

I run and lift and am still completely obsessed that I will die from a heart attack. My health anxiety started years ago when my dad was diagnosed with a heart condition. He had a triple bypass, the surgeon said his kids should be careful as it's probably hereditary.....great. By saying that he gave me years of anxiety

M

matt42069

I run and lift and am still completely obsessed that I will die from a heart attack. My health anxiety started years ago when my dad was diagnosed with a heart condition. He had a triple bypass, the surgeon said his kids should be careful as it's probably hereditary.....great. By saying that he gave me years of anxiety
I dont exercise all i do all day is procrastinate so for me my anxiety strikes hard everyday , i feel like 1 day i will have to pay for my days doing nothing . Its good that u exercise it does improve mental health , and gives a bit less reasons to be worry about . My anxiety strikes even after i visited my doctor who told me my heart is healthy and i still in total panic .