• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Health Anxiety

mjhx3

mjhx3

Hi everyone! I am really sorry to bother you all but i suffer very severely with health anixety. I have discovered a fleshy skin tag type thing hanging off my left tonsil. It doesnt hurt or anything, its the same colour as the rest of the inside of my mouth but im so worried. I am convinced that it is throat cancer or tonsil cancer. I was just wondering if anyone knew what it could be? I am going to ring my doctor, but i just cant sleep with the worry and intrusive thoughts. Thank you all x

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you google throat cancer, look at an image, it is not nice and not a skin tag. Better to talk to your gp anyway as they may want to snip it off. I've no idea but you should check it out.

mjhx3

mjhx3

If you google throat cancer, look at an image, it is not nice and not a skin tag. Better to talk to your gp anyway as they may want to snip it off. I've no idea but you should check it out.
Thanks so much for responding, going to speak to my doctor tomorrow.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Yes i do! I just realised. Yes i get those in my throat, but they are not skin tags. If they are the same as mine, it is when i have bitten or cut a bit inside with a crisp or my teeth, and they feel flappy.

Please do call your gp though, this is what they are there for. The nurse may call you and put your mind at rest. Don't feel you are being a pain, it is ok to worry.

mjhx3

mjhx3

C9FAE246-F4BC-47B5-B677-E53346B868C4.jpeg Sorry for the disgusting image, but its that thing on the right side of my throat next to my tonsil, does it look similar to what you get?