• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Health Anxiety ?

N

NJKJ24

So I don't really know if I'm doing the right thing by writing on here but I'm struggling so thought I would give it a shot. I struggle with anxiety from time to time and right now its taking over my life, I mainly struggle with the physical symptoms as I feel like there is no way this could possibly be 'just' anxiety and therefore there must be something seriously wrong with me. I have had pins and needles all over my body for and can't seem to shift it, it's there constantly which can't be normal, right? This isn't the first time its happened but it feels different this time somehow. This is also the first time I haven't got it checked out by a doctor so I think the lack of reassurance is stopping it from going away. I am already under a therapist but nothing she's suggesting is helping me right now and I feel a bit lost. I am so scared that there is an underlying health condition or that the pins and needles are going to cause some permanent damage.

Any way sorry for the rant but I needed to get it off my chest, if any body has any similar stories I'd love to hear them if anything just for a bit of reassurance that I'm not going crazy.

Lolaa12

Lolaa12

Anxiety has a lot of symptoms that comes with it, but most of the time we only know the most common symptoms, but there is a whole list.

and maybe you are experiencing stress, and that has also a lot of symptoms!

I didn’t really understand the needle part, mostly because english is not my native langueges, so on that I can give you advice!

i would love to be your help if you need somebody!

DMARXX

DMARXX

I feel the same way. It's like the physical symptoms are taking over my life and I just cant stop them. Srsly thinking something is physically wrong with me but everything is coming back normal so now I'm just trying to accept it I guess.

47char63

Hi there, Ive been noseying on these forums for a few days now but decided to sign up when I seen your post. You're not going crazy! I've been suffering from health anxiety for a few years now and it's became out of control in the past couple months. Like you, I also get so many physical symptoms and don't believe it can be 'just anxiety'. For the past 2 years I've been experiencing pins and needles constantly day in, day out. It started one morning in my hand and wrist and traveled up my arm. By the next day it had calmed down but was now occurring over my whole body and still does to this day. I've had numerous tests which all come back normal. Whether it is caused by an underlying health condition or just anxiety, I can't say for sure. What I can say though is that after almost 2 and a half years I can definitely say it's not caused by anything sinister so I hope you can try convince yourself of that too from reading this

N

NJKJ24

Hi there, Ive been noseying on these forums for a few days now but decided to sign up when I seen your post. You're not going crazy! I've been suffering from health anxiety for a few years now and it's became out of control in the past couple months. Like you, I also get so many physical symptoms and don't believe it can be 'just anxiety'. For the past 2 years I've been experiencing pins and needles constantly day in, day out. It started one morning in my hand and wrist and traveled up my arm. By the next day it had calmed down but was now occurring over my whole body and still does to this day. I've had numerous tests which all come back normal. Whether it is caused by an underlying health condition or just anxiety, I can't say for sure. What I can say though is that after almost 2 and a half years I can definitely say it's not caused by anything sinister so I hope you can try convince yourself of that too from reading this
Thanks for your post. It does really help me to know other people are experiencing a similar thing (not that I would wish it on anybody)!!! I go for a few weeks perfectly fine, or just with minimal symptoms and then it just hits me all over again. I know deep down that it's anxiety and that's actually what get's me through most days but when I'm at the height of it I can't control my thoughts at all which just leads to everything spiraling out of control!

N

NJKJ24

I feel the same way. It's like the physical symptoms are taking over my life and I just cant stop them. Srsly thinking something is physically wrong with me but everything is coming back normal so now I'm just trying to accept it I guess.
I understand what you mean, it's so hard to wrap your head around it though... how is there nothing physically wrong with me when the physical symptoms are so strong?!?

47char63

Thanks for your post. It does really help me to know other people are experiencing a similar thing (not that I would wish it on anybody)!!! I go for a few weeks perfectly fine, or just with minimal symptoms and then it just hits me all over again. I know deep down that it's anxiety and that's actually what get's me through most days but when I'm at the height of it I can't control my thoughts at all which just leads to everything spiraling out of control!
Yeah it seems to help me too when I can hear someone else has experienced similar! It's just a constant cycle of feeling a harmless little symptom which triggers anxiety which triggers physical symptoms then more anxiety etc. I'm at the worst right now that I've ever been and I feel that I have physically felt every kind of pain, tingle, sensation possible in the past few weeks! I feel a bit trapped in my own mind at the moment

N

NJKJ24

Yeah it seems to help me too when I can hear someone else has experienced similar! It's just a constant cycle of feeling a harmless little symptom which triggers anxiety which triggers physical symptoms then more anxiety etc. I'm at the worst right now that I've ever been and I feel that I have physically felt every kind of pain, tingle, sensation possible in the past few weeks! I feel a bit trapped in my own mind at the moment
I can sympathise with you completely, although I don't have the answers myself either, just got to take it one day at a time. I hope you manage to find something that works, and always here for support or a chat! X

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Anxiety Forum 0
J Anxiety Forum 11
A Anxiety Forum 4
A Anxiety Forum 6
Q Anxiety Forum 5