• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Health anxiety?

Q

Queenie19

So a bit of back ground..

I recently had a baby 3 weeks ago, having a baby is hard enough with 2 older children but also while them being off due to schools being closed and then having a baby in the middle of a pandemic isn’t the best..

The last couple of days my husband has gone back to work, he works 6 days a week so leaves me gone with the kids 12 hours a day..

On Saturday I started with some chest pains, after googling which I know I shouldn’t I then went to the hospital last night to get checked out, they did a blood test to see if there were any clots which come back okay, there was however a blood test they couldn’t do due to only having a baby 3 weeks ago the test would be inconclusive, had a chest X-ray which was fine then an ecg which was fine, I have come home with the same pain and then started to google it again, the more I google the more aches and pains I’m finding myself with almost as if I’m making myself have these symptoms.

i explained this to a close friend, she’s told me I’m suffering anxiety, I also have the chest pain, a lumpy feeling in my throat, aches and pains, on and off headache, tired..

There’s obviously nothing cardiac wrong as been checked, what would you say this was?

JessisMe

JessisMe

The chest pains could be anxiety or a panic attack. Most of this points to anxiety which makes sense given your condition. You might Google ways to treat anxiety at home and see if that makes a difference. If the anxiety stays and gets worse even it might be good to work with a therapist so it does not become too big a problem for you in your life. xo, j

Q

Queenie19

The chest pains could be anxiety or a panic attack. Most of this points to anxiety which makes sense given your condition. You might Google ways to treat anxiety at home and see if that makes a difference. If the anxiety stays and gets worse even it might be good to work with a therapist so it does not become too big a problem for you in your life. xo, j
Thank you, anxiety is a new thing to me, is this a normal feeling for somebody with anxiety? Also get muscle cramps ect too xxx

JessisMe

JessisMe

Thank you, anxiety is a new thing to me, is this a normal feeling for somebody with anxiety? Also get muscle cramps ect too xxx

I had chest pains continually, got an EKG done and it came out fine. Doctor asked about anxiety. I had been very anxious lately but didn’t know anxiety attacks could include chest pains. I’m surprised they didn’t mention this to you under the circumstances. I would treat for anxiety and see if things improve. If things get worse seek medical attention again. But for now the medical side has been ruled out so it seems like treating for anxiety would be worth a try...xo, j

p.s: muscle cramps can be caused by depression but again if things get worse seek medical help... :hug:

M

Muted Person

Since turning 30, I have had issues with health anxiety. I keep telling myself 'I only have 10 years left'.. I too had chest pains and can pretty much say it was anxiety, since after my tests come back negative, I felt slightly better... I find also weight gain has added to mine though

Q

Queenie19

Since turning 30, I have had issues with health anxiety. I keep telling myself 'I only have 10 years left'.. I too had chest pains and can pretty much say it was anxiety, since after my tests come back negative, I felt slightly better... I find also weight gain has added to mine though

Its horrible I feel the more I google the more symptoms I have :( since this afternoon I have gained a aching left arm and cramps in my legs :( but like I say anything serious was ruled out with the bloods for clots except one they couldnt do as I’m only 3 weeks since giving birth, ect was fine, chest X-ray was fine and he was happy it’s not cardiac, before I got pregnant I had bad headaches and I was convinced from google I had abrain tumour xx