Health Anxiety

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Guys, I'm having the worst days of my life, my anxiety and my health anxiety are just constantly screwing with me and I can't take it. I'm so scared for my life and I just want to feel like I used to feel. I'm so scared and I just want my life to be normal again, my medication barely helps with the anxiety and I'm constantly feeling like I'm going to die in my sleep. I've had some tests done and the doctors say that I'm fine but I feel like I'm not. I'm so scared of death.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

I feel so alone with this, I'm so scared I can't even explain it.

S

Sara_1978

I understand. I have health anxiety.
I’m not like it every day, but I know how scary it is. Talking on here has really helped me but I just want to feel normal again and not worrying about my health x

P

Pollypop

Have you discussed your anxieties with your doctor and
explained that your medication doesn’t seem to work.

It’s horrible feeling the way you do about wishing your life
could be normal again.
This may also be adding to your anxiety.

Is there any particular reason why you think you may
die in your sleep?

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

My heart just feels weird, I have an appointment with the cardiologist the 10th on Monday but it's just still scary. It's been beating weird and I've felt so tired lately. I haven't talked to my doctor about the medication in this sense but the medication really just makes me tired and makes me fall asleep but if I feel anxious about my health or anxious in general it won't help and just makes me tired.

S

Sara_1978

I have the same symptoms and it’s caused by anxiety.
Some days I have heart palpitations all day and they feel so horrible.
Since I started worrying constantly about my health I have been very tired, there’s not many days I can go all day without a nap....again this is the anxiety.
I know it’s hard to believe anxiety can make you feel so horrible, but so many people im reading about just the same as you and me have had tests and there’s nothing wrong.

P

Pollypop

I know what you mean about your heart.
Mine does the same.
I have had ecg’s and they have all been normal.
It’s so frustrating and frightening.

I’m glad you have the appointment on Monday.

Wishing you well x

P

Pollypop

It’s amazing what anxiety can do Sara.
I don’t mean good amazing.!

I feel tired nearly all the time and have to go back to
bed every day.
I hardly have any energy, but I just seem to also become lifeless.

I can’t just sit in a chair.
I get an overwhelming feeling that I have to lie flat and be
covered up.
I don’t know why.

Let’s all keep “talking”

S

Sara_1978

Agreed, talking on here and reading about other people’s symptoms and struggles has halved my anxiety.
Until I joined this forum I was convinced I had a terrible illness and now I’m able to ignore most of my symptoms.

S

Sara_1978

Exactly! I’m never alone, always got people around me but no one understands what it feels like, it does cause a lonely feeling.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Hey guys, I'm still freaking out mentally and my heart is, I want to say fluttering? It's kind of weird, almost like a tickle but I guess it's just my anxiety doing it? I hope it's just anxiety because I'm just scared that my heart is gonna fail and that I'm going to die.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

my heartrate is constantly around the 50s and it's making me scared, is this normal for anxiety?

P

Pollypop

I think it is probably the anxiety.
Are you also anxious about seeing the cardiologist?

Do let us know how you go on.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

I'm not anxious about the cardiologist, I'm scared for my life. I can't wait to go to the cardiologist to make sure I'm alright

B

Baroquerw

Guys, I'm having the worst days of my life, my anxiety and my health anxiety are just constantly screwing with me and I can't take it. I'm so scared for my life and I just want to feel like I used to feel. I'm so scared and I just want my life to be normal again, my medication barely helps with the anxiety and I'm constantly feeling like I'm going to die in my sleep. I've had some tests done and the doctors say that I'm fine but I feel like I'm not. I'm so scared of death.

I 100% can relate. My death anxiety is so bad at bedtime that I avoid going to bed. And when I do, I can only fall asleep after taking ativan. I never had this until recently and it’s awful. It’s so isolating and scary. I wish I had some advice, but just know you’re not alone.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

I 100% can relate. My death anxiety is so bad at bedtime that I avoid going to bed. And when I do, I can only fall asleep after taking ativan. I never had this until recently and it’s awful. It’s so isolating and scary. I wish I had some advice, but just know you’re not alone.
Thank you, this helps a lot.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Emotions are part of everyone’s life and emotions are defined as a conscious mental reaction subjectively experienced as a strong feeling towards a particular object or situation. It is accompanied by physiological and behavioral changes in the body. Emotions are intense feeling that is directed towards something or someone and the fear is probably the most basic of all emotions. Read more: Are You Aware Of The Impacts Of Anxiety?
Wow it turns out anxiety can cause irregular heartbeat and I didn't really think it could for me or think it was that way in general but thank you for this information and it has for sure made me a lot calmer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Anxiety Forum 7
H Anxiety Forum 13
R Anxiety Forum 1
J Anxiety Forum 3
C Anxiety Forum 2