• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Health anxiety

*3mes3

Hello everyone.

Does anyone struggle with health anxiety?
Recently I had some blood work done and my doctor told me she can't find a thing wrong with me. However, I feel feverish, though my temp is always normal, quite often. This is really freaking me out, and I know that my anxiety only makes it worse.

Is anyone else here convinced and terrified that they are seriously sick?

This is ruining so much of my life.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum.

Occasionally I will get thoughts that i'm seriously ill. Usually I think I have a brain tumour or that i'm going to have a heart attack.
But, as you said, it's the anxiety itself which causes these symptoms and so it's very easy to end up stuck in a vicious circle.

I can't work out from your screenname if you're male or female (sorry!), but am wondering if this feeling hot and feverish ties in with your menstrual or hormonal cycle at all?
I know that I used to really sweat buckets and feel very hot before my period, even though my temperature was actually fine.

*3mes3

Hi. Thanks for responding! I am female, and it does seem to tie in with my menstrual cycle.
For sometimes up to a week and a half before my period I'll get the worst night sweats. I mean, I wake up drenched. This has only started a year ago and I'm only 30. It's weird.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

There are websites out there where you can track your period and make a note of how you are feeling. I used to use mymoodtracker.

I wonder if it's worth doing, so that if you are experiencing a lot of anxiety about how you're feeling, you might find it reassuring to see it's part of a cycle and that you'll feel better.

*3mes3

Thank you so much for you advice. I think I'll give it a try!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Severe anxiety triggered by my children’s health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
Scg Health Anxiety please help Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Health anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
M GAD / Health anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Health Anxiety is ruining my life. (ALS?) Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
A how do you deal with your health anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
M Anxiety medication and sexual health ( male ) Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
L HELP! Health anxiety attack paranoia...again EGGS!!!! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
B health anxiety ....maybe one for the ladys Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
B Health Worrier Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 85
B Sisters mental health. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
R No mental health label Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
A Health worries Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
J Worries About My Health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
T Unsure, scared and doubt about mental health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
P Leaving my job due to mental health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Work and Mental Health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
jacq78 Health scares and axiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 10
M Constant health worries Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Upset Stomach Anxiety - anyone else experience this? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
L Is Anxiety pain real?? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
L My anxiety/panic experience Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 23
S Meditation for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Daybreak Anybody try self-message and/or essential oils for anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
D Feeling cold because of anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
H Bedridden for over a week with severe anxiety/panic post COVID infection Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
pjb15201 Increased panic and anxiety since pandemic rules lessened ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
T Anxiety attack experiences Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
Scg Anxiety physical symptoms Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 21
F Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
S Anxiety when circumstances suddenly change Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
S Stomach cramps with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Anxiety = stomach problems and IBS Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
Darwin the fish Weakness in arms and anxiety attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Is it possible to fix this anxiety / depression? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
Tawny Helping yourself with your anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 0
MrBond007 Anxiety attacks over things that are completely normal for no reason. +Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Tremors and muscle trembling from anxiety? Sad and scared! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Anxiety Hypochondriasis and Agoraphobia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
R Crippling anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 47
R The Difficulties of Anxiety and Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
R Anxiety through the roof Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
S Differentiating Anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorder- Inattentive Type Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
Midnight.Panda Bad anxiety about everything Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
J Who to talk to about my anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
K I feel so alone with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
M Broken glass Anxiety, please help Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Acute anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
FloofyPuppers Pristiq for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
dogmom Anxiety is back. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3