• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Health anxiety

*3mes3

Hello everyone.

Does anyone struggle with health anxiety?
Recently I had some blood work done and my doctor told me she can't find a thing wrong with me. However, I feel feverish, though my temp is always normal, quite often. This is really freaking me out, and I know that my anxiety only makes it worse.

Is anyone else here convinced and terrified that they are seriously sick?

This is ruining so much of my life.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum.

Occasionally I will get thoughts that i'm seriously ill. Usually I think I have a brain tumour or that i'm going to have a heart attack.
But, as you said, it's the anxiety itself which causes these symptoms and so it's very easy to end up stuck in a vicious circle.

I can't work out from your screenname if you're male or female (sorry!), but am wondering if this feeling hot and feverish ties in with your menstrual or hormonal cycle at all?
I know that I used to really sweat buckets and feel very hot before my period, even though my temperature was actually fine.

*3mes3

Hi. Thanks for responding! I am female, and it does seem to tie in with my menstrual cycle.
For sometimes up to a week and a half before my period I'll get the worst night sweats. I mean, I wake up drenched. This has only started a year ago and I'm only 30. It's weird.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

There are websites out there where you can track your period and make a note of how you are feeling. I used to use mymoodtracker.

I wonder if it's worth doing, so that if you are experiencing a lot of anxiety about how you're feeling, you might find it reassuring to see it's part of a cycle and that you'll feel better.

*3mes3

Thank you so much for you advice. I think I'll give it a try!