• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Health anxiety taking over my life

B

Blue33

Had a stressful start to the year which resulted in my anxiety coming back 😞 went to a&e with heart palpitations. Had ecg and blood tests done everything came back clear waiting to have a 24 hour ecg. Ever since then every little pain or twinge I convince myself I’m having a heart attack. Been put on naproxen for costochdrtis which has symptoms like a heart attack😩 sometimes feel nauseous, like I’m gonna fall down. If I sit still doing nothing start thinking my breathing is funny or my throat feels funny. Taking over my life 😞 anyone has similar thoughts. Just want to know what helps

L

Laudanum

I know how you feel and sympathise.

My story is in So I went to A&E again on wednesday

I found time and restarting my antidepressants (citalopram) helped, although I'm always going to be prone to health anxiety.

B

Blue33

Just read through your post. It’s just horrible isn’t it. All things start going through the mind. I was prescribed propranolol but didn’t like the way it made me feel.

N

navhealth

Had a stressful start to the year which resulted in my anxiety coming back 😞 went to a&e with heart palpitations. Had ecg and blood tests done everything came back clear waiting to have a 24 hour ecg. Ever since then every little pain or twinge I convince myself I’m having a heart attack. Been put on naproxen for costochdrtis which has symptoms like a heart attack😩 sometimes feel nauseous, like I’m gonna fall down. If I sit still doing nothing start thinking my breathing is funny or my throat feels funny. Taking over my life 😞 anyone has similar thoughts. Just want to know what helps
yes I have EXACT the same thoughts you are not alone and it is horrible. I just dont know how to control it. Even tell myself it is fine nothing is wrong but still it happens.

A

Anxiously Me

I’ve recently had a lot of health anxiety. When I’m anxious, my muscles twitch, which has resulted in me being convinced I have ALS, which makes me more anxious and in turn makes me twitch more. It’s a vicious cycle.
I have found some relief by visiting my doctor, who added Wellbutrin to my current Fluoxetine, and I have also started seeing a therapist. Health anxiety is horrible and it feeds upon itself. Take it seriously and break the cycle. Good luck

B

Blue33

It’s just horrible isn’t it. Feel like I have to be doing something every second of the day or I start thinking all kinds

W

WanderingA

Just read through your post. It’s just horrible isn’t it. All things start going through the mind. I was prescribed propranolol but didn’t like the way it made me feel.
Hey so sorry to jump on your post but what affects did u have on propranolol? Ive been on it for 2 years now and I am wondering if its the side affects or its actually me! Feel like I'm going crazy and can't seem to find many people on it!.

B

Blue33

It’s ok. It made me feel more anxious than before I was on them. Paranoid and felt dead spaced out. Confused Sometimes like I wasn’t really there if that makes sense? Used to feel quite shaky aswell. What you been feeling?

W

WanderingA

It’s ok. It made me feel more anxious than before I was on them. Paranoid and felt dead spaced out. Confused Sometimes like I wasn’t really there if that makes sense? Used to feel quite shaky aswell. What you been feeling?
Yes!! I feel super confused. I get really good days my anxiety seems to be gone which is great but I'm having all these other signs now. My head feels really droopy if that makes sense?. Like I could move my head to fast and it'll drop off my shoulders. My eyes feel quite buldgy random headaches and generally just don't feel myself. I used to feel like I wasn't quite myself but it's getting alot worse. Now my anxiety has gone for now I thought I'd be better now I'm wondering if the tablets are making me worse! Thank u so much for messaging me bk. Felt like I was going crazy lol x

B

Blue33

No worries. Yeah I completely understand. I thought it was giving me other problems than I had before

W

WanderingA

No worries. Yeah I completely understand. I thought it was giving me other problems than I had before
OK thank u so much ill ring my docs and see if there's something else or if I can come off all together. Thank u so much for your help!!

B

Blue33

Glad I could help 😊 have to let me know how you get on

B

Blue33

I’ve been trying breathing exercises when I feel anxious they have helped a little. I just feel like there’s something different wrong with me everyday 😩 don’t know wether to try CBT

B

Blue33

Yeah can’t seem to control it myself. I can be ok then I feel a pain somewhere or something then I start worrying and end up going to A&E