Health Anxiety & Stress

C

Cmacd92

Afternoon All, just looking to see if anyone has experienced the same or any advice on the following.

I have been have chest pains over the past few months along with dizzy spells etc I have been to a&e and GP had multiple ECG’s and blood work done all have came perfectly fine and doctors have said my Heart/Lungs Etc are perfectly fine. However I am still having these pains and seem to have convinced myself that something is definitely wrong!

Today at my GP I questioned the idea of anxiety and was prescribed to take “Propranolol” for 2 weeks then go back for an update.

However I still have awful chest pain and feel as if I am getting the flu or symptoms of it anyway? My question is can health anxiety and stress get to such a stage where your convinced your going to die with every pain and also being on flu symptoms?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi welcome im not an expert but I definitely get physical pains when im emotionally stressed
in my head and chest and tummy
when I was little I used to constantly think I had a brain tumour the pain was so bad
I would say if you have had a full work up and nothing has shown as suspicious chances are it is your mental health causing these pains
the propanalol should help with anxiety symptoms
lots of love Lu xxxx

C

Cmacd92

Thank you for the response, I personally think it will be anxiety also and hopefully the meds work and also talking with others on this and therapy is the next steps I am taking to try and control this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Anxiety Forum 7
buzzbuzz Anxiety Forum 19
H Anxiety Forum 13
R Anxiety Forum 1
J Anxiety Forum 3