• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Health anxiety from hell!!!

I

Incognito1998

Hi, this is something I've never done before but here goes. I'm a mother of 2. When I had my first daughter I know I was ready but 3 months after she was born I got pregnant again and I have never felt the same since.

I'm unable to go 5 minutes without googling symptoms,i check my self religiously everyday multiple times, I constantly seek reassurance from my partner and family if I look okay and if I'm not dying.

I have the most terribke symptoms currently I'm at a stage where I can not leave my house, I have terrible chest pain, I feel overwhelmed all the time, Im so irritable,its like everything feels not real and that's frightening. For the past 3 days now it's been at its worst which I've had before I'm constantly having to focus on breathing to make sure I'm not panicking, I'm having multiple panic attacks everyday. I suffer with tinnitus and pressure in my head which makes my anxiety even worse.

This anxiety is here everyday, I get tingling in my hands, face and feet, feel sick, have digestive problems,headaches I have terrible glare in my eyesight,i get these weird electric shock type pains in my head and I'm constantly hot.

I've convinced myself that I can't leave my house as standing and moving makes me feel so dizzy and off-balance. Shops is a big no as I just tense up and get very panicky that often I've had to leave my partner in the shops to finish shopping with the kids.

I've had countless blood tests always come back okay just white blood cell count is borderline. I'm currently referring myself for cbt which I did before but gave up.

Before lock down I was going on buses alone, the gym with my partner and going shops alone now I feel like a failure to my kids, partner and myself. I'm concerned that I could be dealing with pnd as well as I did 3 months postpartum with the first.

Just looking for advice and other people's experiences to see if this forum will help ease me anxiety because in pretty sure I'm getting on everyone nerves around me.

Sorry for the long story!!

I

Incognito1998

Forgot to mention my girls are nearly 2 and 6 months now

P

Purpleplum

You should see a mental health doctor or therapist for the problems you're having: anxiety leading to things such as agoraphobia and hypochondria. It's probably from the stress of caring for two babies and there could be a hormonal imbalance that they can check.

I

Incognito1998

I have been refferel for cbt but worried about how long that's going to take Kind of kicking myself for giving it up the first time. I have had multiple blood tests done in the last few weeks for thyroid, diabetes all come back fine is there some sort of other test I can ask for as doctors is quite hard for me as my heart just goes mental with fear.

T

The Martian

Incognito 1998,

I can relate very much to your post and wanted to reach out to simply say that. My anxieties have always manifested in many ways, health has always been a big one for me for as long as I can remember. It was at its most extreme for me about 6 years ago; at my worst it was almost like an obsessive compulsive thing - constantly googling and checking for symptoms, looking for reassurance from others, making needless doctor's appointments. Very similar to what you've described; I know how exhausted you must be.

What has helped me is speaking with a professional, understanding my triggers (in times of stress, I focus on my health as a form of control), mindfulness meditation (staying present in reality instead of allowing your mind to wander into "what-ifs"), and breaking the habit of googling symptoms. The last one was very difficult as I used googling as a way to alleviate my concerns, which never worked. I'd convince myself I'd feel less anxious if I could just google what this pain was and discover it was nothing. The problem is, the internet always tells you it's "something." So realizing that is simply a habit and you have the power to break it, is key. I blocked certain websites on my computer, for instance and would google "anxiety" along with my physical symptoms so I'd be redirected to mental health resources instead of medical.

Knowing your body and advocating for your health is a positive thing, so take solace in that and don't ignore it. But it sounds like your body is telling you to look after your mental health as well. Focus here first!