• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Health anxiety and feeling constantly down.

A

Annon78

Hi there.

I had a bit of a health scare that turned out to be nothing but my imagination.

For some reason, I am constantly worried about dying, now - in particular, from cancer.

I am 41 and am in good health and have no history of cancer in my immediate family.

I wasn't particularly healthy in my 20s, but spent most of my 30s trying to make up for this - no smoking, less drinking, eating healthily and lots of exercise.

My problem is that I, for some reason, feel that I do not have that long left to live.

There seems to be a huge media bombardment of people, my age and younger, who are dying of cancer at the moment and I cannot help thinking that I will be next.

It is all I can think about and seems to be sucking all the joy out of life at the moment.

Is there anything I can do to get out of this?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi welcome x i can see how a health scare would scare you x but you have to try and remind yourself that you are fine x could you have a complete medical to confirm that? if this feeling continues maybe some kind of talking therapy would help x love Lu x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jh447 Anxiety Forum 10
K Anxiety Forum 3
I Anxiety Forum 2
S Anxiety Forum 1
A Anxiety Forum 1