• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Health “professionals” confirming my life means nothing

R

Rubicon

I called my psychiatrist on Tuesday as I was feeling suicidal. His response was to take a diazepam and call a helpline if I didn’t feel better. Obviously this didn’t help so I ended up taking an overdose. After taking the OD I left the house with only my ID, and a suicide note. I collapsed in the street and a member of the public called an ambulance. I remember none of this. Whilst in hospital I was hallucinating and only remember some fragments of being there. I know I didn’t receive any fluids or nutrition for almost 24 hours, and I was left to lay in my own urine as I wasn’t aware or alert enough to go to the toilet. I couldn’t even stand by myself as I was too unsteady. Apparently psych came to see me but I wouldn’t speak to them, even if I did want to I wasn’t making any sense. I phoned someone to pick me up (not that i remember doing so), and they actually phoned the ward to ensure that I was discharges and that I hadn’t just left as I was still totally confused. They also wouldn’t give me my suicide note back which is so personal.

sorry for the long post, I just don’t feel I have anywhere to turn anymore.

Z

Zoe1

hi Rubicon :hug:

so sorry you are going through this.
Actually I think your psychatrist should have arranged support
from the mental health team rather than passing you on to a helpline
because the helplines are not always available during working hours

sounds like nobody has put support in place for you
keep a record of this as there might be an enquiry

I also recommend you seek out legal advice / an advocate
to look after your interests while you are so vulnerable

keep in touch here as to how it is going

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I’m sorry to hear that youve been so distressed and felt the need to end it all. I do hope your getting the help you need now but please keep posting as were all here for you. Ive found a link to a support site in scotland that my be some help for you.

R

Rubicon

Thanks for your replies. I’m waiting for my psychiatrist to call me but I am not holding out much hope. I feel I have nowhere to turn anymore. It’s like you are always told to seek help before harming yourself, but when you do, they don’t do anything that actually helps. I’ve tried helplines before but I personally do not find them helpful as they are so impersonal so I just dissociate and can’t connect with them.

C

candycane

I called my psychiatrist on Tuesday as I was feeling suicidal. His response was to take a diazepam and call a helpline if I didn’t feel better. Obviously this didn’t help so I ended up taking an overdose. After taking the OD I left the house with only my ID, and a suicide note. I collapsed in the street and a member of the public called an ambulance. I remember none of this. Whilst in hospital I was hallucinating and only remember some fragments of being there. I know I didn’t receive any fluids or nutrition for almost 24 hours, and I was left to lay in my own urine as I wasn’t aware or alert enough to go to the toilet. I couldn’t even stand by myself as I was too unsteady. Apparently psych came to see me but I wouldn’t speak to them, even if I did want to I wasn’t making any sense. I phoned someone to pick me up (not that i remember doing so), and they actually phoned the ward to ensure that I was discharges and that I hadn’t just left as I was still totally confused. They also wouldn’t give me my suicide note back which is so personal.

I would try to find another psychiatrist. I would also report this psychiatrist, for being unprofessional and for not caring about your well being. Hope this helps.

O

oncebitten

I agree I would try another psychiatrist that will be able to meet more your needs they are all so different don't give up hope!

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Hi! Im so sorry your feeling like this and so sorry you were not helped. I dislike doctors they haven't done anything for me. I'm still depressed, anxious and struggle with ocd. I have lost faith in them. It's disgraceful the way you were treated but it doesn't surprise me. I hope you can find the help you need, people on here care.

C

CabbageMama

How are you doing today, Rubicon? X

M

MHFPokeplantz

Cant help you unfortunately, relate a lot to these and feel the same way right now, about nowhere to turn to
Too bad you didnt have much help at all, many professionals and the system itself cant quite comprehend every case THAT well
Do hope you feel calmer and eventually find a better help, better psychiatrist, etc
Best wishes

M

MHFPokeplantz

Sorry for double post, internet tilted