• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Healing abilities , delusions , bipolar ?

L

Luv&Peace

Hi everyone,
I'm new to posting on here and just looking for some advice and some knowledge .
So my partner is going through a really strange thing at the minute but think there is absolutely nothing wrong with him !!
He is telling me he's healing me and other people and members of my family !! He's shouting things , he's smokes fags and throws them in the sink, he told me people are following him around shops. The list goes on !
This is the 3rd episode in the last year and I have no idea what I'm feeling with. He keeps telling me he's fine and to calm down that nothing is wrong! This is delusions I know as it's not true but could it be bi polar or skitsophrenia?
Any advice is welcome as I'm losing the will to deal with this!
Thank You all xx

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome to the forums Luv. :grouphug:

Both schizophrenia and bipolar feature delusions.
We aren’t able to diagnose here but the kind of paranoia he was displaying seems more consistent with schizophrenia but he would have to be seen by a professional to say for sure. Have you been able to get him in to see a psychiatrist? It’s not unusual for folks struggling with mental illness to have little insight as to their symptoms. It sounds like it has become a lot to live with. Getting him onto appropriate meds and into therapy might help your family immensely and help him struggle less too. xo, j

L

Luv&Peace

Welcome to the forums Luv. :grouphug:

Both schizophrenia and bipolar feature delusions.
We aren’t able to diagnose here but the kind of paranoia he was displaying seems more consistent with schizophrenia but he would have to be seen by a professional to say for sure. Have you been able to get him in to see a psychiatrist? It’s not unusual for folks struggling with mental illness to have little insight as to their symptoms. It sounds like it has become a lot to live with. Getting him onto appropriate meds and into therapy might help your family immensely and help him struggle less too. xo, j
Thank you for your lovely reply 🤗
It has become alot to live with and very hard to understand. The last time this happened which was last may 2019, he was hospitalised and seen a psychiatrist, he was put on Olanzapine but after a few months he stopped the medication and told me he didn't need it ! He started this whole thing off by telling me people at work were out to get him and drag him down koz they don't agree with things he does. He smoked cannabis for many years and believes these people at work has it in for him because of this. He had to take alot of time of work last year after been hospitalised, and every time since that he goes back it triggers a very bad episode like this one.
But he's never had one like this, he's isn't saying it's people at work now he's telling me he's healing and there are bad things around us we need to heal ! He will only smoke cigarettes at the front door now and has to put it out in the kitchen sink 🤔 keeps telling me he's done special things for me and also healed my father . He's told me people are telling him things how to heal . I got him at the front door yesterday morning with the door open repeating the serenity prayer while his leg was shaking it was very scary to watch!
When he seen the psychiatrist they said it was a drug induced psychosis (due to cannabis use) I really think it's something like skitsophrenia the trouble is he won't take the medication for very long he just stops it. I had him at the doctors yesterday and they have put him on aripiprazole .
We have a 6 year old child and I really feel like this is never gona end as he is in complete denial there is anything wrong with him 🙈 xxx

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I can't speak to his diagnosis but I can tell you about my psychosis, I too had been smoking cannabis quite recently before my episode and thought I could heal people yet there was no evidence to suggest I could actually do it.

On the ward they put me on the first night I remember touching three members of staff on the shoulder as if to heal them for some unknown affliction and a voice in my head said what I was healing them for, one woman took off her glasses to check if I'd healed her poor eyesight (bless her) but she still couldn't see without them lol.

It's easy for me to laugh about it now but I was really unwell at the time.

While I do believe in healing abilities because I read a book that a woman wrote about one of her ancestors who became the chief herbalist to King Charles the first, and the author was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor so she went to a spiritual healer and it eventually shrunk and disappeared, but I believe it's a very rare gift that only a few possess. I don't believe any or all Reiki masters or healers possess this gift but perhaps a very small percentage really do.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Thank you for your lovely reply 🤗
It has become alot to live with and very hard to understand. The last time this happened which was last may 2019, he was hospitalised and seen a psychiatrist, he was put on Olanzapine but after a few months he stopped the medication and told me he didn't need it ! He started this whole thing off by telling me people at work were out to get him and drag him down koz they don't agree with things he does. He smoked cannabis for many years and believes these people at work has it in for him because of this. He had to take alot of time of work last year after been hospitalised, and every time since that he goes back it triggers a very bad episode like this one.
But he's never had one like this, he's isn't saying it's people at work now he's telling me he's healing and there are bad things around us we need to heal ! He will only smoke cigarettes at the front door now and has to put it out in the kitchen sink 🤔 keeps telling me he's done special things for me and also healed my father . He's told me people are telling him things how to heal . I got him at the front door yesterday morning with the door open repeating the serenity prayer while his leg was shaking it was very scary to watch!
When he seen the psychiatrist they said it was a drug induced psychosis (due to cannabis use) I really think it's something like skitsophrenia the trouble is he won't take the medication for very long he just stops it. I had him at the doctors yesterday and they have put him on aripiprazole .
We have a 6 year old child and I really feel like this is never gona end as he is in complete denial there is anything wrong with him 🙈 xxx
It does sound very scary and quite an ordeal to have to go through especially with your child involved. Has the doctor talked with him about how important it is to take his medications? What was his response?

L

Luv&Peace

It does sound very scary and quite an ordeal to have to go through especially with your child involved. Has the doctor talked with him about how important it is to take his medications? What was his response?
Yes the doctor has told him he needs to stay on meds for quite some time and it's vitally important not to stop it . My partner agrees and says all the right things and then just takes it upon himself to stop and nothing I say will change his mind. I'm beginning the feel like if he doesn't stay on this medication I cannot stay with him for repeat episodes of this for the rest of my life and my daughter's. When someone can't see there is a problem it's very hard to get better 😑

L

Luv&Peace

I can't speak to his diagnosis but I can tell you about my psychosis, I too had been smoking cannabis quite recently before my episode and thought I could heal people yet there was no evidence to suggest I could actually do it.

On the ward they put me on the first night I remember touching three members of staff on the shoulder as if to heal them for some unknown affliction and a voice in my head said what I was healing them for, one woman took off her glasses to check if I'd healed her poor eyesight (bless her) but she still couldn't see without them lol.

It's easy for me to laugh about it now but I was really unwell at the time.

While I do believe in healing abilities because I read a book that a woman wrote about one of her ancestors who became the chief herbalist to King Charles the first, and the author was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor so she went to a spiritual healer and it eventually shrunk and disappeared, but I believe it's a very rare gift that only a few possess. I don't believe any or all Reiki masters or healers possess this gift but perhaps a very small percentage really do.
Thank you for your reply 🤗
Have you found any medication has helped you ? And how long did it take you to come out of your psychosis ? This is very hard to understand I wonder is it skitsophrenia or a psychosis and I know no one here can answer that for me but I just wish I knew if he will ever get better .
His denial of the whole situation is driving me insane lol .
He made me hold a lighter earlier to heal myself! very odd indeed .
When I question these odd things he tells me to stop worrying it will all make sense soon 🤔

Z

Zoe1

does he believe in hexes ?

ive had trouble with that at times

🌝 🛸

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Have you found any medication has helped you ? And how long did it take you to come out of your psychosis ?
I came out of that first episode all on my own just by being in hospital but my second episode a matter of months later which didn't include a healing delusion took medication to come out of fully.

At the moment I'm on 10mg of Aripiprazole and 4mg of Risperidone.

L

Luv&Peace

I came out of that first episode all on my own just by being in hospital but my second episode a matter of months later which didn't include a healing delusion took medication to come out of fully.

At the moment I'm on 10mg of Aripiprazole and 4mg of Risperidone.
Maybe the Aripiprazole will help him he's currently on 10mg also. All I can do is hope now I suppose 😶 the gave him xanex also to calm him but just for a short period .

D

Dice

And what did they diagnose you with, or what did you already have, if you don't mind me asking of course?

I'm beginning the feel like if he doesn't stay on this medication I cannot stay with him for repeat episodes of this for the rest of my life and my daughter's. When someone can't see there is a problem it's very hard to get better 😑
True. Just make sure you try to deal with this calmly at the moment and remember that he likely doesn't know what he's doing or saying. If you could get sneaky videos of him behaving this way then that could be good to use for when he's out of the episode to convince him of how he gets and that he needs help, maybe even for diagnostic purposes (but be careful not to cause a scene, that could go badly very quickly).

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
And what did they diagnose you with, or what did you already have, if you don't mind me asking of course?
They diagnosed me with drug induced psychosis, prior to that diagnosis neither me or my family ever had any psychiatric issues whatsoever, I'd just turned 36 when it happened to me.

A

AAGille93

if he’s struggling being compliant with oral medications why don’t you ask them to consider a depot? just an idea... I was on depots due to non compliance and lack of insight as I didn’t believe there was anything wrong either.. and they believed depot was the best idea. They do aripriprazole depots at 300mg or 400mg strength..
Good luck x