Heads wrecked

S

SashaF

Hi let me say some things about myself i have a diagnosis of depressive disorder with psychosis. I agree but think there is a lot more to it i have complex ptsd, ocd traits, delusional parisitosis anxiety and avoidance traits and maybe bpd, according to the psychologist. Psychiatrist says maybe bipolar. I have obsessed over diagnostic material and completed all the online tests. I think I have did. I need a diagnosis i feel like they are reluctant to do so. Has any one else experienced this?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I think I understand what a diagnosis would mean. Putting a name to what is wrong makes it easier to deal with doesn't it? But these diagnoses are very hit and miss. I think diagnosing yourself by online tests is a bad idea. We don't see ourselves as clearly as we need to for this to be accurate.

I am diagnosed bipolar and I was astonished when first given it, but my family and friends all say that they agree with it. Now I am controlled on a cocktail of drugs which help. But I also had intensive therapy which has helped far more. have you been offered any therapy? I think that might help you more than just drugs alone.

S

SashaF

Thanks for the reply. I want to fight whatever this is. I'm finding it hard without knowing what it is. I've been having a bit of CBT, trauma work and looking at emdr. I'm on sertraline and diazepam at the moment I was in aripiprazole but took myself off it. I've got a review on Friday so we will see what changes. At the moment I'm really high and think I have clarity the depression has lifted and I feel like me again. Really need and want to deal with this i feel like everything's taking too long.