• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Headaches / anxiety help

H

HH123

Hi everyone

I’m struggling quite a lot at the moment , I started getting headaches a few weeks back and have had them pretty much constant, they are not really extreme headaches but just enough to make me feel abit meh but my concern is that they are not going away at first I thought it was my eyes as I wear glasses and am on a computer 10 hours a day but around 4 days ago I noticed that when wake up in the morning the headache and pain is always at the very bottom left of my head like basically near my neck, me being me I’ve started to google , my husband keeps saying it probably just nerves in my neck and the way I’m sleeping but I’ve worried myself so much with these headaches it’s affecting how I’m working, I’m making silly mistakes and the whole thing has just really got me down and I can’t shake it off.

I feel so bad because I feel like I broken record to my husband but I just feel that every night I go to bed a lay worrying and worry about it hurting in the morning again and then spending the day worrying, I’m driving myself mad and don’t feel my usual positive self at all

I just wondered if anyone has had anything similar

Thank you so much x

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

Hi HH123,

Welcome to the forum! I was having a very similar pain to what you're describing headaches and all. Have you ever heard of "tech neck"? Try googling it, the symptoms sound very similar to what you're describing. I did the neck stretches that they suggest and the headaches have gone away. Hope the helps!

N

natalie

HI hh123,

i would highly recommend that you take and spaced o ut please, 2 doses if needed of Panadol Actifast (apologies mods, I needed to name drop in this instance), and all being well and hopefully that should help. You can find mainly these in Boots. or an independant, however, an independant might charge more, if cost is an issue.

I should also t hink, it's most likely anxiety nerves kicking in. I'm sure, that you are not a failure for your husband.

I hope you recover well, soon. And please do see a GP, if things don't improve adn they persist.

H

HH123

Thank you so much for your message I just googled tech neck and I do have a lot of the symptoms and thinking I also look at my phone badly with my neck bent down, maybe me laying on a pillow at night in the same position is why I get my headaches in that area bad in the morning, I’m just so terrible at googling and seeing the word ‘tumour’ and start over thinking badly and that in turn effecting badly in how I act and feel, I have also had a spasm in the left shoulder every now and then and thinking that could even be due to the tech neck! Did you say you experienced the headaches with it?

thanks again :)

H

HH123

Hi Natalie :)

thanknyou for your reply! I an actually taking those and they definitely take the headache off I think it’s just frustrating me that every day I wake up hoping to feel better I always end up with another headache and just feel bad for him that I’m such a worrier about things like this and feel like I let it take over, and because I’m on my own all day as I’m working from home this gives me the time to worry myself even more and my the time he gets home I feel im just a grumpy mess, he is probably wondering what happened to the happy positive me haha i have tried to explain but because he doesn’t get like I do I find it hard to explain how I feel x

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

Thank you so much for your message I just googled tech neck and I do have a lot of the symptoms and thinking I also look at my phone badly with my neck bent down, maybe me laying on a pillow at night in the same position is why I get my headaches in that area bad in the morning, I’m just so terrible at googling and seeing the word ‘tumour’ and start over thinking badly and that in turn effecting badly in how I act and feel, I have also had a spasm in the left shoulder every now and then and thinking that could even be due to the tech neck! Did you say you experienced the headaches with it?

thanks again :)
Hi HH123,

Yeah I had the headaches too. I Googled "tech neck stretches" and I started doing the stretches regularly and the headaches went away. I still get the stiff/sore neck, but that could be due to the way I'm sleep or the fact that I spend most of my day on the computer. Hope you find something that works for you!

N

natalie

Hi HH123,

I am just wondering how you are coping , managing and treat ing your f rustrations and headaches, I do hope that you have just about recovered from your headaches, could just be also tension/stress build up to cause it.

Have a good week hopefully,

Best regards.