• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Headache, tired, and scared

A

aesinvt

My emetophobia has been getting the better of me a lot lately. Everyone in my office has had some sort of cold the past couple of weeks and I have been grilling them with questions to make sure they don't have a stomach virus. I have had a headache for three days and find myself in a panic thinking that it will be a stomach thing rather than just a cold. Once I starting thinking about it, I can't stop and it just gets worse. We have a multi-stall bathroom at work and I'm terrified that someone will be sick while I am in there. I am so tired of living with this fear and yet I can't seem to let it go.

I

indigo6

Are you getting help?

A

aesinvt

I have been in therapy off and on for many, many years and it really never helps. I take meds but when the doctor asks if they are helping, I don't know how to answer. I've been taking them for a very long time so I can't really compare the before and after. I keep hoping that this "phase" will pass and I will feel okay for a little while - that's usually what happens.

Wandering2

Wandering2

I've had a stomach bug, it doesn't last long. But i get the fear of feeling ill. Just make sure you wash your hands. Just remember it wont kill you and always have your hand sanitizer handy. And following up with a psychiatrist on the anxiety part is important with anything that makes us anxious or uncomfortable. Constant negative thoughts that occur so much it does hurt.