he owns me

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

I wish there was an easy way for you to mentally detach yourself from this control :hug:
You're not property, you belong to you. It isn't fair that he holds this power. X

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

Is there any chance of some talking therapy specifically aimed at this one issue? Get some professional help in being able to remove his control from your life. I wish I could help x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
Would you be able to cut him out of your life for good? X
I did for over 6 years ,me and mummy left him and then she died I stayed away from him but then my sister was sectioned and I got back in touch with him
I really wish I hadn't now
I could block him
what is really worrying me is him maybe moving back to near where I live he wouldn't leave me alone x
he shouts at me when I am on the phone talking to somebody else and it really upsets me x

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

I did for over 6 years ,me and mummy left him and then she died I stayed away from him but then my sister was sectioned and I got back in touch with him
I really wish I hadn't now
I could block him
what is really worrying me is him maybe moving back to near where I live he wouldn't leave me alone x
he shouts at me when I am on the phone talking to somebody else and it really upsets me x
I can understand why you got back in touch, but if it was a mistake then you are within your rights to cut him straight back out again. He is bad for your health. He doesn't own you, he is a coward that controls women with nasty behaviour. I would be inclined to cut him right out, even pretend he's gone for good. Hold a kind of memorial, say all the things you wanted to say, then say goodbye (not directly) and cut him off. Symbolically kill off his power.

Is it likely that he would be bothered to move house?

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Then you could block him and if he sent a letter then you could just return it and get your aunt to write on it no longer at this address ? Does that sound like a good idea ? Xx

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

Topcat (was FunkTheFear)

I don't think he would move back but he lives in a private flat and if the owner wanted it back he would have to move and then might move back to where I live xx
I know it's easier said than done, but if it's unlikely then it's not worth worrying about :hug: If it ever did happen there would be ways of making sure he stayed away from you. We are all on your side, I know lots of people here would try and help :hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
When I was going thru a similar thing with my mum I was told to write down all my negative feelings about her and then take it outside and burn it and let the ashes blow away. Believe me it does help.
I also did a similar thing about my dad but this time it was all positive . I loved him probably as much as you loved your mummy. I’ve kept that letter and occasionally I look at it and smile with fondness.

S

simonr1978

I have to die is the only way to escape
It is not, there is always a plan C available, please consider contacting local organisations. Even if it means a hostel it is honestly not that bad, I speak from experience unfortunately. I know I'm not a regular contributor on here but your comments have helped me out before and if I can help you out in any way at all I am more than willing too

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

please watch this it helped me out if you follow it will work you just need to be strong enough to not give in when the person tries to weasel back into your life x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Depression Forum 1