• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

HazeyJ from the UK

R

Respecting myself

Hi there!
I'm in need of a bit of support for my BPD and bi-polar. I feel a bit alone if I'm honest. Although I take medication and have a few friends who are great the rollercoaster of my moods and my black and white thinking make life impossible at times - and I feel pretty much on the edge and in need of talking to someone else who understands. I found this place and hope there are people who can help me through the tough times when I question every part of who I am and hate it all.

Thanks for reading!

Hazey
x

iffybob

iffybob

Hi

Hi HazeyJ, have a look around, we have pixies and alsorts here....:innocent:

S

Sparky

Hiya Hazey.
Hope you find some support and comfort here.
It's a nice place. :)

P

Patsy

Hi there!
I'm in need of a bit of support for my BPD and bi-polar.
Thanks for reading!

Hazey
x
Hi Hazey, Hope I'm doing this right. Can I just ask if you've been given a diagnosis of BPD and bipolar and were they by the same psychiatrist or were they given by different medics at different times?

Pat

A

Ada888

Welcome fellow bi-polar disorder sufferer!! This is a great forum :D

Q

quality factor

hi there and :welcome: hope you find the
forum to be friendly and supportive.

QF.

R

Respecting myself

Hi Hazey, Hope I'm doing this right. Can I just ask if you've been given a diagnosis of BPD and bipolar and were they by the same psychiatrist or were they given by different medics at different times?

Pat
Hi Pat - I've been diagnosed bi-polar, haven't got a diagnosis for BPD although judging from everything I've read it's more likely. It took over a decade to get the bi-polar diagnosis so I might be seen to be diagnosed BPD in maybe another 10 years! I only see my psychiatrist for about 30 minutes once a quarter, which isn't really enough.

Hi the rest of you - thanks for making me feel so welcome!

P

Patsy

Hi Hazey,

Am I right in thinking there's a bit of a cross over in symptoms of BPD and BD? I don't know that much about BPD but would like to learn more. Are you having a hard time at the moment?

Q

quality factor

Hi Hazey,

Am I right in thinking there's a bit of a cross over in symptoms of BPD and BD? I don't know that much about BPD but would like to learn more. Are you having a hard time at the moment?
Sorry for butting in, I have a diagnosis of bipolar2 and BPD, yes there is a crossover in symptoms, but that is true of many mental health problems.
A good site which explains BPD quite well is 'borderline uk', should be able to get to it by googling it.

QF.

R

Respecting myself

Hi Hazey,

From everything I've read both are very similar - I suspect I am more likely BPD than Bi-polar II because of the fact that my moods are dictated by environmental factors and not chemical ones and I can be gloriously happy in the morning and then an hour later *boom* fallen like a rock!

I am having a really hard time at the moment - I've posted about the relationship stuff in relationships. I've sort of ended it - but think even if I hadn't my boyfriend is pretty close. He can't manage my emotional e-mails, my need for some contact in between and worrying about me and me worrying about him when I'm not with him. He is quite happy with me coming over and seeing him face to face at the weekend, but he doesn't want anything in between. Thing is - he isn't working, he quit uni, he lives at his mum's, his social anxiety means that he doesn't see anyone I would have thought he had more space than he could chuck a stick at and the odd text or e-mail might be nice.

I can't always be upbeat - I'm going through a difficult divorce involving solicitors and property. My financial situation was so bad I had to go to a debt management company and admitting my finances were out of control was hard to admit (it wasn't that I was awful with money - it was wedding and holidays my ex-husband felt we needed but I really couldn't afford as well as leaving the marital home with no furniture and having to start again). So sometimes the e-mails to my boyfriend weren't always cheerful, but he wasn't very supportive and that made things worse.

God I've rambled on a fair bit - sorry!

R

Respecting myself

Sorry for butting in, I have a diagnosis of bipolar2 and BPD, yes there is a crossover in symptoms, but that is true of many mental health problems.
A good site which explains BPD quite well is 'borderline uk', should be able to get to it by googling it.

QF.
I went on it before - thanks for that.

QF - what meds, therapy do you find helps? I need something as I am drowning at the moment!