• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Having Trouble

B

balancekeeper

Hi,
Ive been told that i have Emotionally unstable personality disorder and have had it for quite a while but i just wanted to know from others if they have ever felt the way i feel.

One a daily basis i get up, tried to find something to do but all the while feeling nothing (or atleast i donbt know what im feeling). empty and useless. like im here but not. then out of nowhere i get worked up and need to self injury to have any kind of peace. if i dont i keep getting worked up over nothing, start hearing voices and just want to die...

Im having trouble every day with this and dont know if im alone or if im just too broken to be fixed. Please can anyone help me

V

Vulture

you're not alone. personality I don't have any problems like that if I do not to that degree but some of my friends do and sadly, I came to find out my girlfriend has Paranoid Personality Disorder, the attributes and things that would make a person who they are, are cut up into different people. I was on here looking for any advice or help. But my two cents? youre not alone. have you had any problems like this in the past?

M

Madeleine95

Hi, you're not alone.
I can definitely relate to what you are saying, ive found that getting up and doing nothing, not even Brushing my teeth makes my voices far worse because I have nothing else to focus on!
I tried college courses but couldn't cope due to stress and general BPD bad days.
I have found a course now that is specifically for people with poor mental health, it helps to build confidence and ultimately gets you back into work or education.
I'm not sure where you are but I'm in the UK.
Hope that helps, keep your chin up x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say that you're not alone.

BPD can bring very intense emotions and nothingness and everything in between.. also, these different states of being rarely follow a pattern and can change just like that.

I'm sorry that you're having a bad time of it at the moment.
Have you discussed these feelings with a professional at all?

B

balancekeeper

Thank you for your comments.

I am in the uk too, but have trouble going outside and even more meeting new people.

I have talked to my care worker about this breifly but have trouble explaining things to people, just having a bad period at the moment. was on my way to recovery and thyen this as hit and now everyday feels like im going backwards. things just keep getting worse, i dont know how much longer i can cope, even with my self harm. it helps but now its not doing enough. im lost and dont know how to find my way back...

... Everything is just tiring. the fight, the nothingness. just so draining

P

Purple butterfly

Emptiness or the feelings of it is what gets me x I hope you start to feel better soon x