• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Having trouble with hygiene again

M

Merlinthewizard

I'm starting to get into the state where my hygiene is slipping. I'm starting to just not shave or brush my teeth on the weekends. When I have to work I'm pretty good but sometimes I forget. I'm starting to not even take my meds. Can anybody else relate?

JessisMe

JessisMe

I'm starting to get into the state where my hygiene is slipping. I'm starting to just not shave or brush my teeth on the weekends. When I have to work I'm pretty good but sometimes I forget. I'm starting to not even take my meds. Can anybody else relate?
yes

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im suffering now for not looking after my teeth proparly
i have gum disease and it is getting worse
i hope you feel better and manage to do more soon
love Lu x

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

I had similar problems when my depression get worse. I was still laying in bed.

B

bpd2020

I know it is really hard but please try to force yourself to take your medication. It will make you feel worse when you do not take it. Maybe you can leave a note by your bed or set an alarm on your phone to remind you. I am sorry you are struggling. Depression is cruel.

K

Kratos_and_boi

I have an OCD when it comes to washing hands, I can feel if my hands have not been washed after touching stuff or animals, and im a germofob when it comes to food, everything has to be clean like surgical equipment. But when it comes to other personal hygiene I sometimes don't even shower for a few days and dont wash my teeth regulary, i only rinse them with water and i have perfectly healty teeth. I also think that showering every day is bad for your skin because it strips your skin of oils and useful bacteria.

Blooming

Blooming

There are plenty of apps that can help you to remember to brush your theeth or other important hygiene. You can find apps that remind you to take your meds as well. I see such "things" as warning signs about becoming more depressed. One has to take action to prevent falling deeper into it. Sending hopes your way! :flower2:

JessisMe

JessisMe

I know it is really hard but please try to force yourself to take your medication. It will make you feel worse when you do not take it. Maybe you can leave a note by your bed or set an alarm on your phone to remind you. I am sorry you are struggling. Depression is cruel.
I have an ongoing reminder on my phone to take my meds at certain times. If I didn’t I would probably forget a lot too.