Having trouble with food.

B

Butterfly484

Since the new year, I’ve made it my priority to eat well. I’ve been doing a good job. But eating has become something that makes me very nervous. I spend about 80% of each day thinking about food or preparing meals or worrying about my weight. For three months I did a pretty good job but I did a lot of restricting and it was really hard. Now, I’m back from a trip to New York and I am falling into old habits and I’m eating so much. I feel like I’m eating out of stress or anxiety. For example, for dinner I’ll purposely go overboard and I’ll eat two slices of pizza, a Corndog, two chicken tenders, rice, and vegetables. I know it’s bad and I want to stop eating but I just can’t. It’s horrible. And I’ll feel so bad afterward and when I shower I’ll start crying. Eating seems like a coping mechanism for me. Meanwhile, not eating also feels like a coping mechanism. Regardless, I can’t stop thinking about my weight and I feel very self conscious, especially of my legs. Food is making me so nervous. Have any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

just me Amy

i know how you feel i really do i sometimes go on a diet it not last very long. then my bad eating habits are back again and i eat lots as i have depression and anxiety. lot of it is comfort eating with me. in someways i believe i will fix inside first like anxiety, feel better in myself self then i work on losing weight. its not easy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Eating Disorders Forum 1