Having trouble functioning

B

Baroquerw

This is so embarrassing, but we recently realized my dog has fleas, and now we’re getting bites and I found a couple of fleas on the rug and one on my sock. I am mortified over this bc we are very clean people. But I cannot stop vacuuming, I am literally twitching thinking there are bugs on me, I can’t sleep bc I keep waking up to check my bed, I spend all of my time at home searching for bugs, etc. It’s gotten so bad that I was scaring my 13 year old bc I couldn’t even focus when she was trying to talk to me. We’ve treated the dog and have been vacuuming and sprayed the house but nothing is working and I don’t know how I’m going to function. I am literally checking my body compulsively and just cannot stop. I haven’t even stopped while I’m typing this. Logically I know it’s not the end of the world and we will get it taken care of, but I just cannot get control of my thoughts and actions. I literally almost left tonight. Like, up and left my family here bc I can’t cope. I took ativan to try to calm me down but that’s not even working.
Looking at what I wrote, I can see how ridiculous it is. I mean, even the fact that I’m putting this out there is ridiculous. My husband is about ready to lose it with me. And I completely understand why. 😞

EddieH

EddieH

I had something similar a few years ago, still don't know if I was mentally ill or there were actual bugs crawling on me. It's very unpleasant, my thoughts are with you and I hope it passes soon. Perhaps go to a doctor for a confirmation or denial of the bites, might help clear your head.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi my dog had fleas once and it stressedme so much i was obsessed for ages they would come back
I now use advantage flea protection and she has not had them for years
please try not to worry,although unpleasant fleas cannot hurt humans
love Lu xxx

J

Jules5

Definitely get flea repellant killer-vacuum does help immensely. do not freak out this to shall pass. We have roaches and I am hallucinating all the time that they crawl around everywhere Drives me insane. WE have been using all kinds of products but those little guys just keep showing up Gets me crazy. I definitely go into psychosis with them around. I live in Florida and roaches just love are climate and I brought home a used appliance and they came from it. always but new stuff. Lots of hugs and this will pass as you are actively making sure it does.