• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Having obsessive thoughts about having to leave psychotherapy

D

DD040894

Hey, I am diagnosed with depression, anxiety and borderline disorder. Have been abused from father and in school for 20 years.Scary stuff.
Anyway, I am on intense psychotherapy since late March(I had in february-march serious breakdown)and even though I am improving constantly I have thoughts(from my father inside me I suppose) "Why do you go to psychotherapy? Why you need it? That psychology is pure s*it, it is unimportant and stupid. Leave it. You are more intelligent than that guy who "helps you"... and so on. I know I MUST NOT leave psychotherapy, but those thoughts are scary(my father told me even in reality something similar and those are his opinions). And feeling coming with those thoughts is hopelessness. Anyone having similar experience or know how to handle it?

Thanks in advance. :)

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Could you tell your therapist you are having these thoughts? That way you can work through them together. I am really sorry you are hearing your fathers voice saying these things.

D

DD040894

Could you tell your therapist you are having these thoughts? That way you can work through them together. I am really sorry you are hearing your fathers voice saying these things.
I did that already. I know these are just thoughts, but it is really even harder when you have to fight just to not do what he says. He really left his big negative mark on me.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It really is so hard. His voice was so prominent in your life. I am really sorry you are going through this.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T been having day long panic attacks Mental Health Experiences 5
P Having panic attacks at night Mental Health Experiences 5
gt86 Now having lucid dreams and not sleeping well Mental Health Experiences 6
stygianiron222 my girlfriend and i are sick of having to hide Mental Health Experiences 15
I Having trouble forgiving myself Mental Health Experiences 2
T Having trouble sitting down to work on bachelors thesis Mental Health Experiences 12
M I keep having thoughts about running away and going missing Mental Health Experiences 5
L Having intrusive thoughts again Mental Health Experiences 2
L Having a really hard time - Advice on getting over someone? Mental Health Experiences 15
B Is it weird to hate having a noisy job? Mental Health Experiences 7
elliepaige20 Having a really hard time - Heartbroken & devastated Mental Health Experiences 16
Storm in a Teacup Have you picked up any valuable life lessons through having a mental illness? Mental Health Experiences 23
River of Circle guilt for having mental health issues and not disclosing them Mental Health Experiences 2
J I keep having dreams that make me wake up distressed. Mental Health Experiences 4
R Having insight into your mental illness(es) Mental Health Experiences 3
Sloshiceangel I was mentally abused by a classmate *TRIGGER WARNING* *SUICIDICAL THOUGHTS IS MENTIONED* Mental Health Experiences 3
L Major intrusive thoughts today... Mental Health Experiences 1
L My intrusive thoughts are getting really bad again Mental Health Experiences 1
Anime-Alchemy Thoughts and feelings about schizophrenia Mental Health Experiences 5
O Weird thoughts and actions Mental Health Experiences 9
C Toxic thoughts stemmed from my own insecurities Mental Health Experiences 3
J Thoughts about my funeral Mental Health Experiences 2
Mr Oreo Bunny Intrusive thoughts causing little movements. Advice? Mental Health Experiences 2
S Making jokes of intrusive thoughts Mental Health Experiences 19
R Thought life would be easier, intrusive thoughts Mental Health Experiences 2
Weeewooow beep Whirlpool thoughts Mental Health Experiences 1
wraziel pokemon intrusive thoughts are scaring me Mental Health Experiences 3
T Habit of hiding emotion and negative thoughts from others does not go away Mental Health Experiences 8
Y Intrusive thoughts Mental Health Experiences 11
blog15 thoughts can be an advantage. Mental Health Experiences 2
C Dark thoughts Mental Health Experiences 4
reb_kbold Violent Thoughts Mental Health Experiences 5
T Suicidal thoughts almost every day Mental Health Experiences 6
G weird intrusive thoughts Mental Health Experiences 2