• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Having Anorexia Nervosa

A

Annie23

Hi everyone!
This is my first post here on this forum. I am Annie and my height is about 160cm. I checked online and my symptoms match so much with Anorexia Nervosa. I restrict eating and am constantly thinking about food and panic over eating too much / gaining weight. I am at Home for Holidays , already spent 2 months here however the thought of gaining weight has restricted me from eating adequate. I gained an amount then lost it back again due to dieting and restricting. Now i only have a month left at home, after this month i'll have to head back . In addition to that, I've not had my period since an year due to Anorexia and weight loss. My mental health and physical health is all messed up. I cant focus on anything, cant enjoy anything because i keep thinking about food, diet and staying thin. My personality is so weak because all i do is think about food and remaining underweight..
At home, there are so many great things to eat that arent available in the country i study in and i feel like i am missing out on all the good things and i will regret it. I am scared of gaining weight. My family has noticed my habits and they are very confused. I want to get my period back and recover, i dont want bone injuries in the future. I really dont know how to stop being scared of gaining weight and actually just try eating.

J

JeanPierre

I'm so sorry.
I know you are smart enough to know this is serious.
Talk to your doctor now.
Best luck!

P

PollyPo

I’m so sorry you’re going through this but it’s great that you realise that’s you need a bit of help. My son is 21 and has bulimia. The best thing he did was breaking down to us and tell us. Have we fixed it for him? No, I’m afraid not. But he now doesn’t feel so alone, confused or ashamed. Through telling us, he now feels strong enough to tell doctors and therapist’s. It’s a very long road and it won’t be easy, but by being honest with the ones you love, you will get there. It may be easier to take the time to write everything down that you’re feeling and thinking and then show them. Just ask them for 3 things in return; No judging, no trying to ‘fix’ you and just love and support. Good luck x