Having a little problem

D

Demile

Hello again,

As I have said previously I just started see a new counsler about a month ago. Things have been going great so far. I feel like I can really connect with her. We have decided to start working on my anger issues and my nightmares. Well, most of my nightmares always have something to do with a past tramatic event that I keep locked in a box in the back of my mind. She is wanting me to open about it in hopes that I can cope better with it. Im not sure if I am ready to open up about what happened. Any advice?

exyz

exyz

Hi Demile,:)
That's a tough question.
A month is a short time to be with her I'm thinking although you seem to be doing well.
I can see where she is coming from and it makes sense.
My own view is that you say what you have said here, you are not sure yet, but maybe, in time, you will feel safe enough to?

It is great to read on here, when someone has a good counsellor, it makes me feel happy for them that things are going well. All good wishes to you:)

D

Demile

Exyz,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I have never opened up with anyone about this, not past counslers, family, or my fiance. I just keep it locked up. I am afraid to relive it. I dont want to go through it again.

S

Steven'slove

Hello Demile,
I hope your feeling great today. So, just a quick little thing to let you know about the dreaming thing. It's difficult for anyone to open up, let alone to somebody they have barely met, about your dreams. Just know she's trying to make a long term goal a reality for you. It's the hardest thing to do right now in life, having to wander what's to come when the future is so uncertain. I'm just glad to here she's focused on your dreams now. Not nightmares even though I know they can be scary. The Dreams are where the key is. It's been 5 years for my wife being treated for a psychosis. Well, 4 by now. 2 from 2013. I wasn't around for the first 2. Her therapist is still trying- She hasn't made it as far as the dreams, so I took it upon myself to treat. Found out about the dream thing a couple of weeks ago, and texted her therapist about it, wrote it all down for her so she can get to work. I think its because they are a lower level of care than what we need. The wife has had 2 relapses from 2013: Treatments are not compatible for her, which isn't unheard of with schizoaffective. The Dreams will help with a long productive lifestyle. So, don't knock it. Your therapist sounds like a keeper. So, hang in there. My wife's therapist is still new at this to, or something. Make sure your other battle buddy does their homework on your illness, it's in everyone's best interest. Ask the therapist. later.

D

Demile

Thank you steve'slove. I hope that your day is great as mine has been. Ty for your kind words and story.

D

Demile

Well, tomorrow is ths day that I go see her. Im still not sure how this one is going to go. Im not sure if Im ready to open up like that to anyone yet. I mean I havent even told my fiance about all of that. I hope and pray that tomorrow isnt a bad day.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

I just spill
Spill it
No ones going to judge youxxxx

D

Demile

Thank You Twokiwisandabanana, I havent been able to actualky make an appt since I had made my last reply. I have one scheduled for in the morning , but again I cant make it. Its not that Im not trying I just live on a fixed income and have no gas. Im going to call her though, or try to.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi Demile,

It'll be really hard, but it's best in the long term if you open up. It allows you to release those locked emotions, and it may be the source of your issues. Of course, living through it again may be tough to get through, but if facing that issue means you don't have to fear it for the rest of your life, it's worth it. It also allows the counsellor to help you navigate it and come to terms with it, which will feel like a weight off your shoulders. I know it will be tough, and you should take a little time to do so at your comfort level, but opening up is better overall in my opinion!x

Much love <3

D

Demile

Thanks R_Sxo. I have been thinking about it alot latly. I havent been able to make it back yet, but I am seriously thinking about opening up. My fiance is being extremely supportive of all this and is willing to sacrfice alot for me to do this.

R

richie1231

I dry humped the dog when I was 10 and tried to bed my sister when I was 22 or 23 and she was 16. Hope that helps thats where all my persecutory shit comes from. I'm in the UK.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fazza Schizoaffective Forum 13