• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Having a hard time refeeding

anayamoo

anayamoo

Hi everyone. I don't have a diagnosed ED and honestly my symptoms don't seem to line up with any one in particular. Although closest is anorexia. I restrict food. I don't necessarily have certain food I eat or count calories. I just don't eat until supper and I'll have some of supper and maybe a snack or two in the evening because I feel guilty for not fueling my body enough. However I'm really genuinely trying to stop. I've been making an effort to drink a smoothie everyday, a little snack during the day if I get hungry, I try and eat all of supper (but I get so full so quick and I feel sick). I guess my point in coming here is refeeding feels impossible. Everytime I try to eat I start feeling sick shortly after. Can people please tell me about their experiences refeeding and how they managed to do it?

P

Purpleplum

Are you worried if you'd eat more often, you'd gain weight?

anayamoo

anayamoo

I mean yes I am but I'm determined enough to end this cycle that it's not holding me back. What's holding me back is how sick I feel when I do try and eat

P

Purpleplum

I mean yes I am but I'm determined enough to end this cycle that it's not holding me back. What's holding me back is how sick I feel when I do try and eat
Not eating all day will start putting your body in starvation mode which slows your metabolism.

It sounds like it makes you sick when you eat because of the anxiety it gives you. It's not easy to break patterns. Look how drug addicts go through withdrawals when trying to quit.