• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

having a bad time

M

Mad Chick

I've been having a pretty crap few weeks, things started to go down hill when I was having a few problems at work, and although they have got a bit better now its left me with a bad feeling which won't go away.
Then I've got this lack of friends problem and the slimming group I joined packed up after I'd been going for only 4 weeks!!!-is it me?
Then my husband and I had a bad row on friday night and that has really upset me so much. I get terrible anxiety when anything bad happens-like sickness, dihorrea, bad stomach pains- and it takes days to put right.
I decided yesterday to start taking St.Johns Wort, I see it as me failing to sort myself out and a bit of a step backwards but I know I shouldnt think like that.
Feel pretty crap just now, sad and worried and my thoughts keep going on and on and I hope the St Johns Wort can help stop the thoughts obsessing in my brain.

O

October74

Hi Mad Chick

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. I have similar feelings to you at the moment. I am off work because that was a big cause of stress. But now I am finding I have more time, and I keep feeling sick and having more panic attacks.

Please let me know how St Johns Wort works for you. I have been thinking about trying this for some time.

Hang on in there. xx

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Mad Chick Sorry to hear your having a rough time at the moment and iam sure it isn't you just a coincidence thats all about the slimming group when things go wrong for me it always seems to happen all at once too. I hope the st johns wort helps i have never tried it myself so would be interested to hear how you get on with it. I have also noticed you live close to me I live in Godalming just outside Guildford. Anyway big :hug: to you

Messy :grouphug:

lal10

lal10

Hi mad chick

Hope you feel better soon :hug: and you should not feel like a failure, the fact you are doing something about how you feel is fantastic and you should be proud of yourself :clap:

I've tried st john's wort, it takes a while to work and should never be taken with any other meds, I used to take it with a load of vitamins and supplements and I have to say I did feel better but I'm crap with taking these things regularly as much as I want to! I'm starting again (again!!) now i've come off my meds and it looks unlikely that my GP is going to listen enough to give me any more.

I've also found these useful if anyone is interested (think I may have posted something similar somewhere else), most of them can be used as teas or oils and some as regular herbs (throw them into your food like any other herb).

Chamomile
Lemon balm
Valerian
Geranium
Lavender
Ylang Ylang

Also oats, eaten or in a bath (put them in an old sock or something first) and high strength fish oil are good.

I'm an ex chef who is now training as a complementary therapist so doing a lot of research into alternative treatments drawing on physical and nutritional focused routes. Although i've been ill for a while I'll be back in the swing of things soon so I'm happy to share anything I've discovered if anyone is interested.

pinkprincess

pinkprincess

Hi Madchick,
I am new to the forum and just wanted to show my support. Like you when things start to creep up on me it seems to be an all or nothing situation.
Well done for the positive steps you are taking!
x

M

Mad Chick

Its so good to know you guys are there, thanks all of you you make me feel better just reading your posts.
Messymoo maybe we could get together in Godalming for a coffee somewhere?
I work(but wish I didn't)part time on Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri, so Im free weekends and Thursdays.
Its early days with the St Johns Wort_ from now on refered to as SJW-and I dont expect that I'll know much for a few weeks.
Work still very hard, its very very busy where I work and you have to be on the ball all the time and that can be hard!!!
Thanks again and I hope you guys are doing ok at the moment.xx:)

T

tapdancer

Hi Mad Chick

I was recommended to take a couple of squares of Green & Blacks 70% cocoa chocolate each morning. Also Fish Oil tablets. Good luck to you and hopefully tomorrow will be just a little better than today.