Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I don't mean to be a whiner, I'm sure others have more important problems xxxxx
Love to you all xxxx

D

dewey

Just having one of those nights .... Valentine's Day isn't helping lol X
Hope your well x
You know what's really funny is that I didn't even notice it was Valentine's day yesterday, until logging into the internet past midnight. I'm generally bad at keeping track of what date it is, so it just went straight over my head.
I find it funny this has happened this year, in a way on past valentine's days I would be dreading the date approaching, pining over someone or thinking about my amazing inability to sustain any kind of healthy relationship, full of self loathing... and hear I am this year, i didn't even notice it was Valentine's. It has to be a good sign, right.
Anyway Valentine's is just a hoax and a social construct, don't believe it!!

D

dewey

Loads of SH tonight ....
In my immense stupidity, I was trying to figure out what SH stood for. At first I presumed self hate, but then I thought about it and thought it could be self harm. I hope that you will find the strength within yourself and within the energy of the cosmos to restrain from self harming. Good things can happen for you. Good things can happen for you. Good things can happen for you. That should be your mantra. Stay safe.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Thanks but yes SH .... self harm..I wpntv go into details but not a great day for me ...
I should stop but I find something addictive about self punishment X

I can't make right my mistakes , but I can punish myself for them 😩

Firefly94

Firefly94

Hey urban hermit, sounds like you’re having a bad time? I used to be a really bad self harmer but I haven’t self harmed in almost 7 years now. Dont get me wrong, I still have the thoughts but I haven’t acted on them for that long. Unfortunately I don’t have any magical self help tips to make it all go away but I am a willing ear if you would like to talk about it.

And remember just because someone else might “have it worse” doesn’t mean your feelings aren’t valid and important and need to be addressed.

:)

D

dewey

Thanks but yes SH .... self harm..I wpntv go into details but not a great day for me ...
I should stop but I find something addictive about self punishment X

I can't make right my mistakes , but I can punish myself for them 😩
Yes, self harm means punishing yourself, loathing yourself, not forgiving yourself, being unkind to yourself. It is quite complicated andI feel I don't have any reliable training to be able to help you out of it. Probably a trained psychologist or therapist could be able to help you come to terms with the feelings, over a long period of time.
What I can tell you is I get those feelings too - the self destruction, self hate, self harm.
It's hard to come out of all that on your own. You need support. We are here if you need us to support you. And a therapist might also be able to help.

Z

ziedite

Hi Hermit...how is it going tonight? Anything you want/need to share with us? Anything we can offer?

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hey, thanks for asking @ziedite , I'm not too bad tonight although I find the weekend harder, but the doc upped my meds from 50 to 100mg and it feels like it's helped. I'm just chilling with a movie, re-watching the Matrix for like the twentieth time. How are you doing ? XXX
I've been SH free for a few days so that's a good thing, not sure if it's the meds or green tea lol but I've been sleeping a little better the last few nights which has helped xxx

Z

ziedite

oooh. I love green tea... it sounds so boring, but it tastes great. So does chai tea, so much better than normal English breakfast.

Good that your coping over the weekend.... take one day at a time, really, or even one hour at a time if that works better for you. Meds are very helpful, so stay in contact with your doctor.

Let us know what you need from us to continue the good/positive feeling. :)