Having a bad day

tricky32

tricky32

Feeling pretty lonely and weepy today..... sometimes my situation gets to me sometimes. Have been put on new meds recently and think I might need a stronger dose :cry2:

Doesn't help when my two girls are coming down with a cold, are tired and I didn't sleep much last night either

I've got a wife that depends on me but clearly doesn't love me any more, two young very demanding girls and no one to cuddle, particularly at night :(

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Ah sorry to hear you're having a crappy day.
How long have you been taking your new meds? Sometimes they can take a good few weeks before you start to feel any better, and even then it can be a subtle difference. If you've been on them a while, then you're right - you could need a higher dose. Just have a chat with whoever's prescribed them for you.
I remember another post of yours, and it sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment. With reguards to your wife, she sounds quite unwell and you have to remember that with being ill comes all sorts of symptoms. It must be difficult not to take things personally, but i'm sure she does still love you. She's just having a hard time showing it.
You're doing really well to cope with two girls pretty much on your own. I don't have kids, but i'm sure they're very demanding even when they're not feeling poorly!
As I said to you in a previous thread, you need to look after yourself. Do a little thing each day to treat yourself and make you feel better. It can be anything.. a nice bath, good food, buy a new magazine, play your guitar.
I know it's not always an option but distraction can be a good technique. I love watching my "guilty pleasure" tv shows when i'm feeling lonely.. reality shows, soaps, anything that will take my mind off how I feel.

tricky32

tricky32

I've been on my new meds for a few weeks now, my fourth different type in 2 years, so yeah I think its time to up the dose a bit

As for the kids, I know its not their fault, they are very young and don't understand things yet. It's just sods law that the day you really need a peaceful day, they play up!!:mad:

My wife is a bit more complicated though I guess, I don't think its a coincidence that her illness started kicking in at the same time she started to reject me, it is a symptom of her illness to push people away. But as you said, it's sometimes very difficult not to take that personally. As I said in my first post, its not the situation I thought I would be in after just a couple of years of marriage. Its physically and mentally draining. I guess today is just one of those days that its got to me