Have your voices improved with time?

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
My voices have improved with time, so much that I am hoping one day it will be silent.

They used to be very loud and shout at me. Sometimes it would wake me up at night with a loud voice.

I used to hear voices outdoors when I was walking, but these days it does not happen.

This episode of voice hearing goes back 7 years now. How long have you been hearing voices and has it improved?

Kerome

Kerome

Originally I heard voices at all times and their would be a wide variety, hissing voices, croaking voices, gravelly ones, normal voices. With medication I get silence, just some tinnitus. So I can’t tell whether the condition has gone away, improved or got worse.

The last time I tried to reduce medication - the last three months - there has been silence while I took at least a minimal dose and a sleeping med, until I had some sleepless nights and it came back and deteriorated into quite frightening scenarios in about a week.

So I’m tempted to say it hasn’t got better, it has got worse.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
Perhaps you need to be on medication long-term before you think about reducing it. I am resigned to the fact that I will probably be on some sort of meds for the rest of my life.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

My understanding of them certainly has :)

It now would seem they are not so much hallucinations, as distorted perceptions. People with ASD perceive sounds differently it is believed. As my psych doc said to me, if the sound is there, but is distorted and misinterpreted, then it's not an hallucination :)

There are also a lot of wankers, tossers and assholes out there, who are not necessarily always shy at winding vulnerable people up, and are sly with it, seeking to use their diagnostic history against them, and lying in numbers and backing one another up, should it be called for :)

People will chat shit and try and get a reaction, or to harrass, then give it the I/we don't know what you're talking about routine. It's as funny as fuck really, especially since some of them are not as careful nor as clever as they believe themselves to be - and some have the makings of decent bone or two in them, and can (at times), be rather conciliatory and forthcoming.... pmsl :meanie:

It's all good stuff :)

Tally-fucking-ho! ;)

Last edited:
boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I heard voices for about 6 months when I was 19, then they went away(without any treatment or meds). Then when I was 31. They got slowly worse over 5 years before I finally got treatment. Then for a few years they were very bad and malicious. I tried many different antipsychotic meds which did not really help much until I started risperidone which reduced the volume and frequency a lot. But they were still very mean and malicious. Finally about 2 years ago I started ziprasidone and read two books that made me feel enlightened about voices and empowered to live with them. The voices are more frequent and easier to understand now on the ziprasidone then they were on risperidone, but now they are kinder and friendlier and rarely mean or malicious. They don't bring me down very often anymore and I find life much more worth living now. So I believe my voices have improved, on meds. I went without antipsychotic meds several times in the past and the voices got much worse so I guess the improvement is dependant on the meds.

W

wellness

My voices have improved with time, so much that I am hoping one day it will be silent.

They used to be very loud and shout at me. Sometimes it would wake me up at night with a loud voice.
I don't thing the Voices will get any better over time automatically unless you do something about it .... I have observed that in the Voices that I have .... they sort of do the Mexican Wave ... going about from periods of silence to real madness !!

Cheerio !!

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I don't thing the Voices will get any better over time automatically unless you do something about it .... I have observed that in the Voices that I have .... they sort of do the Mexican Wave ... going about from periods of silence to real madness !!

Cheerio !!
You are always so creative wellness. I am glad you have a good source of inspiration. I am a dullard in comparison

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I used to hear voices outdoors when I was walking, but these days it does not happen.

This episode of voice hearing goes back 7 years now. How long have you been hearing voices and has it improved?
Mine have been much more frequent for about seven years as well. I think I see the light as well.

vanish

vanish

Cheerio !!
Mine are episodic now too. I used to get little reprieve from them, but over time with developing coping strategies and medication, I notice them only acute stages of illness. I really like your Mexican wave analogy, I can relate to it so well! :)

N

natalie

My hearing voices internal in the head played havoc during my holiday/vacation, however, since being back to home, and sticking with now 20ml of med for good, for another reason, about me, I have become finer, no further hearing voices problems. I'm well.

F

fattymeat

For years my voices were hell, demons, and I gave back what I got but now they are much better. I have a few nights go by without a word and when they talk it is quiet thanks to the respiridone. But they do seem to come back eventually. It is like waves. I'm always thankful for the quiet periods.

P

Paranoid011

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have been hearing voices for four years, anytime of the day or night or when i woke up really early, where ever i went but after finally seeing a doctor and getting medication for getting rid of the voices has helped i don't hear them much and getting a dog has kept me busy and distracted from hearing the voices. I think when i go out thinking i'm going to hear negative voices or laughter when out at the movies or at the supermarket it brings on the voices so i just need to somehow force myself to be positive and happy and not think my day is going to be bad and ends up being a bad day.

Going out walking has helped with hearing the voices less too.