• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Have You Tried Gingko? Or Other Vitamins?

I

IsaD

Have you ever tried treating your anxiety by altering your diet or by taking vitamins? Did it work? I'm starting to take vitamins now. I'm hoping it'll tone down my anxiety so I can function better.

jajingna

jajingna

Yeah, sort of. I've only been doing a low carb diet for two months, but it feels like I'm a bit better off, not really sure, but it helps heal a lot of things, many that you don't see like the liver. I'm eating less, and now have no sugar or bread cravings so that's good, and can do some fasting this way for more health benefit. I'm not taking supplements but with an improved diet I guess more vitamins are being absorbed. Just hoping this is sustainable for me long term.

I

IsaD

Yeah, sort of. I've only been doing a low carb diet for two months, but it feels like I'm a bit better off, not really sure, but it helps heal a lot of things, many that you don't see like the liver. I'm eating less, and now have no sugar or bread cravings so that's good, and can do some fasting this way for more health benefit. I'm not taking supplements but with an improved diet I guess more vitamins are being absorbed. Just hoping this is sustainable for me long term.
How long did it take for you to start seeing results? I think I need to cut the sugar too.
I limited candy to weekends, but I think I might have to cut it altogether..

jajingna

jajingna

Well I'm a newbie but I think I'm on a good path. I don't wanna be diabetic or whatever, ya know. That stuff scares me. I think I was getting there, like had some symptoms of prediabetes or insulin resistance. So keeping sugar/bread/cereal/etc off the list is good for lowering insulin levels, which improves a bunch of things, including reducing appetite. I eat once or twice a day, don't really snack either, have skipped days too because fasting is really good too, some people treat serious illness that way.