• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

have you ever had suicidal thoughts? attempts?

thing fish

thing fish

i would imagine most of us have...
there was a point right after my wife left me where i was very suicidal. i sliced my left wrist pretty good but obviously it didn't work.
i have not felt suicidal in a long time.....

am i the only one?

P

pole2pole

Yes. I have often feel suicidal when in the depths of depression. It seems like the only way to end my anguish and suffering. Also when really depressed and suicidal I believe that it is best for my familiy, friends and people around me if I were not here. The guilt is terrible when out of this state, I can't believe that those feelings or suicidal thoughts crossed my mind.:redface:

HeartOfDarkness

HeartOfDarkness

The guilt is terrible when out of this state, I can't believe that those feelings or suicidal thoughts crossed my mind.:redface:
Ive felt as well when ive went through serious low periods that id rather be dead than feel like that, and when i feel better i wonder why i felt like that when ive got so much to live for. Im trying to change my way of thinking when im low and try to think like a fighter who will win. I think the thought of suicide crosses a lot of peoples minds but not everyone admits to it.

Micky

Micky

Suicide

I think of suicide ALL the time... there are moment when its not as intense but my life pretty much goes with the whole suicide thought crap and I hate it I just wish I was dead and there was a easy way out....:cry:

jax

jax

I thought of suicide a lot in my early years of my illness. (Been sick 21 years). I took od's - but not really meaning to kill myself. I had 3 1/2 year of no thoughts of suicide and then this past summer - that all changed. I started to feel suicidal again. I really struggled with the thoughts. It is not nice to have these thoughts.

thing fish

thing fish

strange thing with me is i am afraid to die....very afraid...i don't believe in god and heaven and all that...

afraid to die yet sometimes i want to. i just want the pain to go away....

M

mad as a hatter

My suicide thoughts seem 2 be there every min off every wakened mn off everyday there so intense i to had yrs when the weren,t so bad i last acted on them 6 months ago but it,s such a struggle 2 keep that going not easy 2 talk about either

jax

jax

Thing fish - I too am afraid to die. I don't believe in God either - well I sorta do. I believe that there is life after this - but what direction I am going is frightening to not know. Sometimes I just want to escape - I will take extra seroquel then to sleep for 2-3 days and then when I wake up - I am usually better able to deal with what ever is going on.
Jacqui

thing fish

thing fish

Thing fish - I too am afraid to die. I don't believe in God either - well I sorta do. I believe that there is life after this - but what direction I am going is frightening to not know. Sometimes I just want to escape - I will take extra seroquel then to sleep for 2-3 days and then when I wake up - I am usually better able to deal with what ever is going on.
Jacqui
i want to believe in god i just don't. i can't. i mean if there is a god then why did he curse me with this illness?
maybe i need to ask my doc for some seroquel

jax

jax

I am actually having bible lessons at home once a week. I have had two lessons so far. I too want to believe so bad. I want to feel the way my teacher does about God - but I don't. I am taking the lessons so I can know more about the bible and to see if I can finally fully believe in God.

Don't ask for seroquel - I really shouldn't have said that. It is not good to self-medicate. It is just an escape for me sometimes. I take too much as I am on the max dose atm and I take nearly that again. Not condoning self-medication x x

Micky

Micky

What I do

If I am wanting to die really bad and need a break then I take LOTS of sleep tablets and ANXIETY tablets and this gives me a break from all the suicial thoughts and self harm thoughts... I do this at night time btw not during the day... during the day I just take anxiety tablets.... I seem to always wake up early though after taking so many sleep tablets.. its quite annoying as I want to sleep, sleep, sleep so I can have less pain for the day!