• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Have you ever felt spacey??!!

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Ok i take meds on a morning and then some late evening............. i havn't felt quite right today........... been to local shops , pottered a bit in house , then went to bed for 2.5 hrs.
Since getting back up i've felt strange .......... really spacey/floaty etc .

Can anyone relate to this ??!!

D

Dollit

I get this sometimes Fedup - sometimes I'm stressed, or busy, or not enough time for me. Sometimes it's because I don't eat. Now and then it's dissociation which I hate as it develops and it scares me. Sometimes I just need a nap. I don't suppose any of that helps but it's about all I'm good for tonight I think. :tea:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Staff Member on Leave
this satarted happenening to me a few years ago and it scared the life out of me. I couldnt tell what was real or dreamt. The psych explained to me about dissassociation and althouth i understand it it doesnt stop it being disturbing.

It could be as dollit says that you are tired and need to rest:grouphug:

take care

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Thank you Dollit & Daffy for your replies :grouphug:

It was weird , after i took my evening meds the floatiness went .

You may be right it's rest/sleep i need. I carn't remember the last time i had a unbroken nights sleep.

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
for me its a clear sign that things are not right

I kinda find it really hard to maintain concentration on anything, its not a lack of food thing for me.

I drift off, awake, into my own head and sometimes find I need to close my eyes becuase the stimulation from my eyes is too much to cope with given the stuff whirling about in my head - I hate it

I loose concentrating while driving as well and end up having alot of near misses

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
for me its a clear sign that things are not right

I kinda find it really hard to maintain concentration on anything, its not a lack of food thing for me.

I drift off, awake, into my own head and sometimes find I need to close my eyes becuase the stimulation from my eyes is too much to cope with given the stuff whirling about in my head - I hate it

I loose concentrating while driving as well and end up having alot of near misses
I was just gonna start a thread about concentration.

Mine is pants .......... i can concentrate for about 15 mins tops now.

D

Dollit

When I lose concentration I talk to myself out loud. I did it once in a meeting and the guy I was sitting beside gave me a really strange look. I have another mate who talks to himself as well and sometimes it gets a bit strange! Seriously though I have to work hard sometimes to concentrate and just get the washing up done. Usually when I'm manic I can have half a dozen things on the go and nothing gets seen through to the end and I come back down to earth to chaos. :tea:

D

DomPage

Founding Member
Thats exactly my problem too! Its a cycle of poor concentration followed by manic periods of playing catch up....

Hence, really Im never in a fit state to concentrate on addressing any of my personal problems/ issues.... Just constantly firefighting!

singingdollydaydream

singingdollydaydream

Founding Member
ME TOO! :oops:

The other day I pulled out in front of a car, I swear it was indicating to turn into the road I was coming out from. It bothers me because I don`t know if I imagined it or not.

Mistaken Identity

Mistaken Identity

Founding Member
I don't really have any advice to offer, I just wanted to say that I identify so much with what you said.
katy
xxx

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Fedup, I get that a lot, usually after I have been lay down for a while. I wondered if it was the meds making my BP go low but it lasts too long.;)

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
I can certainly associate myself with all of the above.
Does anyone else find it difficult to explain to medical people?

I wish I could sit down with my GP and start at the beginning and finish at the end but somehow it just does'nt work out like that and I end up even more anxious about things.
:(

D

Dollit

Yakuza - we have a spot called journals where a lot of us blog. Why not use that area to talk about your story? I use my bit to waffle on incoherently but it really helps me no end. :hug: