• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Have you ever felt spacey??!!

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Ok i take meds on a morning and then some late evening............. i havn't felt quite right today........... been to local shops , pottered a bit in house , then went to bed for 2.5 hrs.
Since getting back up i've felt strange .......... really spacey/floaty etc .

Can anyone relate to this ??!!

D

Dollit

I get this sometimes Fedup - sometimes I'm stressed, or busy, or not enough time for me. Sometimes it's because I don't eat. Now and then it's dissociation which I hate as it develops and it scares me. Sometimes I just need a nap. I don't suppose any of that helps but it's about all I'm good for tonight I think. :tea:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
this satarted happenening to me a few years ago and it scared the life out of me. I couldnt tell what was real or dreamt. The psych explained to me about dissassociation and althouth i understand it it doesnt stop it being disturbing.

It could be as dollit says that you are tired and need to rest:grouphug:

take care

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Thank you Dollit & Daffy for your replies :grouphug:

It was weird , after i took my evening meds the floatiness went .

You may be right it's rest/sleep i need. I carn't remember the last time i had a unbroken nights sleep.

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
for me its a clear sign that things are not right

I kinda find it really hard to maintain concentration on anything, its not a lack of food thing for me.

I drift off, awake, into my own head and sometimes find I need to close my eyes becuase the stimulation from my eyes is too much to cope with given the stuff whirling about in my head - I hate it

I loose concentrating while driving as well and end up having alot of near misses

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
for me its a clear sign that things are not right

I kinda find it really hard to maintain concentration on anything, its not a lack of food thing for me.

I drift off, awake, into my own head and sometimes find I need to close my eyes becuase the stimulation from my eyes is too much to cope with given the stuff whirling about in my head - I hate it

I loose concentrating while driving as well and end up having alot of near misses
I was just gonna start a thread about concentration.

Mine is pants .......... i can concentrate for about 15 mins tops now.

D

Dollit

When I lose concentration I talk to myself out loud. I did it once in a meeting and the guy I was sitting beside gave me a really strange look. I have another mate who talks to himself as well and sometimes it gets a bit strange! Seriously though I have to work hard sometimes to concentrate and just get the washing up done. Usually when I'm manic I can have half a dozen things on the go and nothing gets seen through to the end and I come back down to earth to chaos. :tea:

D

DomPage

Founding Member
Thats exactly my problem too! Its a cycle of poor concentration followed by manic periods of playing catch up....

Hence, really Im never in a fit state to concentrate on addressing any of my personal problems/ issues.... Just constantly firefighting!

singingdollydaydream

singingdollydaydream

Founding Member
ME TOO! :oops:

The other day I pulled out in front of a car, I swear it was indicating to turn into the road I was coming out from. It bothers me because I don`t know if I imagined it or not.

Mistaken Identity

Mistaken Identity

Founding Member
I don't really have any advice to offer, I just wanted to say that I identify so much with what you said.
katy
xxx

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Fedup, I get that a lot, usually after I have been lay down for a while. I wondered if it was the meds making my BP go low but it lasts too long.;)

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
I can certainly associate myself with all of the above.
Does anyone else find it difficult to explain to medical people?

I wish I could sit down with my GP and start at the beginning and finish at the end but somehow it just does'nt work out like that and I end up even more anxious about things.
:(

D

Dollit

Yakuza - we have a spot called journals where a lot of us blog. Why not use that area to talk about your story? I use my bit to waffle on incoherently but it really helps me no end. :hug: