• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Have you ever felt like death is the only rational option?

N

ngt93

I feel like it is the only way to end my mental torture. I really don't see any other way.

Though I still don't have any plans to do it yet.

U

UMPALUMPA

Glad you dont have any plans to end it :hug:

I have felt like this for a long time, when we dont see a way out of things improving we look at stopping all the misery but things can change over time and so can our outlook on life,

dont give in :hug:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Many, many times and I still think about it daily and that it may be th best answer - I know things change though and sometimes for the better so I keep hanging on, but how long is too long?

Stay safe
xxx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Daily! Rationally, calm minded I make that choice.
I'm not sure what gets me through each day

Kerome

Kerome

I don't know, Osho used to say that very rational people always eventually face the question of suicide, that if nothing matters then why not just end it? But then he would say life is not a problem to be solved, it is a mystery to be lived.

Personally I think this life is a gift, we are loved, and it would be churlish to hand the gift back. It is like throwing ones toys out of the pram and saying "I don't want to play anymore!" There is still a great deal to be learned, loved, shared and enjoyed.

mami5

mami5

I think this way everyday. Have even made plans. Life is such a struggle with no joy at all. Have forgotten when I was last truly happy.

I hope you find your way through this ngt93 and everyone else. :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

C

Christobel

I spent two years at the beginning of my illness in a very suicidal state. The next ten years were a great struggle with depression and anxiety. Now, suddenly, I can see the wood for the trees. I don't'the know what happened, but somehow I got back my reason for living.

The same could be true for you. Please don't give up hope!

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey :)

In answer of your question, no. That is because really when you decide to kill yourself you really aren't thinking rationally in my opinion.

When I do, I will always say that I am being rational about it but when I am having a better few days I know I'm not being rational at all.

I hope that you carry on not having any plans to do it and if you do come up with a plan please tell someone just how bad you are feeling.

Marliee x

N

ngt93

Many, many times and I still think about it daily and that it may be th best answer - I know things change though and sometimes for the better so I keep hanging on, but how long is too long?

Stay safe
xxx
That's what I am thinking. What is you never get better?

Then would it be stupid to kill yourself or stupid to continue on living?

N

ngt93

I think this way everyday. Have even made plans. Life is such a struggle with no joy at all. Have forgotten when I was last truly happy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why do you feel this way?

Is it because of a particular reason who just because of life in general?

chesterking

chesterking

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, I can't feel like that because of my meditation. It only took a 6 months??? of meditation for my ego to go.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Yes i feel like this a lot of the time. Idk does it depend how many years you have felt like this?

I guess all you can do is have hope.

So sorry you are feeling this way

N

ngt93

Yes i feel like this a lot of the time. Idk does it depend how many years you have felt like this?

I guess all you can do is have hope.

So sorry you are feeling this way
About 3 years.

Thanks. I hope you feel better.