• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Have you ever been made fun of your issues?

W

whiteflag

If you have been made fun of whatever it is that you go through, how do you cope or handle it without 'firing back', so to speak?

A

Apotheosis

I'm not that bothered any more - I make fun of it myself.

M

mad as a hatter

i don,t much care either let them

A

Ainsworth

oh yeah i was know as insane by many! i dont care, they are more screwed up then me, at least im facing my issues, they are in ignorance! sod them :LOL:

Lolli_Liability

Lolli_Liability

My parents although they know and have heard that i am have MHI still tend to ignore it as if they are ashamed of me and its not nice.
I have had many friends turn they back on me becuase they cant cope with me and i have been high converstation alot of the time.
I juss learn to ignore it because they dont understand what ive been through an stuff although at time it can be hard i admit it can get to me but i try my best to block it all out.
cause i know i dont need people like that xx

Q

quality factor

I've never been made fun of, and if I was to be, then big deal, people don't understand or don't want to.
I do find tho' that some people tend to be patronizing and treat me as if I was stupid, that annoys me.

QF.

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

I make fun of it myself. Keeps me occupied and stops others getting at me.

W

whiteflag

QUALITY FACTOR - I know exactly what u mean by friends being patronizing...

Also ome of my friends just tend to suddenly go quiet when I walk into a room

S

*Sapphire*

I haven't been made fun of for my MH issues very often, not that i know of anyway who knows what goes on behind closed doors. But I was made fun of as a person, probably I was an easy target.

But I have been criticised for my illness. As if it was within my control, it was all my fault. I found that harder to take to be honest.

Last edited:
Prince Buster

Prince Buster

Not had people going quiet when I walk in a room but plenty of my friends have gone quiet as regards getting in contact over the last few months. I guess they have more problems with my illness than I do.

A

Anu Smith

Making fun of others is a part of nature of most of people. Some unique things make people do so whether be it postitive way or negative way. Sometimes because of jealousy other times because of several other reasons. So never mind these things.

R

rasselas

ripping the piss out of each other, out of everything, that's the way of the world. if you are ever the subject of ridicule, take note - you have been raised above mediocrity by those around you - you have stepped from the background blur into focus - for whatever reason, you stand out, and those that seek to demean you are also, in effect, celebrating you...

as oscar wilde said:

there is only one thing worse than being talked about:

not being talked about.

:confused::cool::p:clap::)