• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Have taken early retirement

S

singsongfun

I am 38 years old. Schizophrenia means I have retired 30 years early. I can't work and am on benefits. Benefits is the future of human kind. I refuse to go back to work ever. I would rather starve to death than work another day in my life. Work is very difficult for me, due to my autism and schizophrenia, and work gives me really bad psychosis. I hate the NHS. They are useless and I would not want to have to depend on them any more than I do (for instance, working then getting psychosis). End.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I'm a 32 year old schizophrenic who has also retired.

S

singsongfun

Benefits is the future of humanity. The rise of Artificial Intelligence. I am sort of living the future early, by refusing to work, and instead leading a life of leisure.

N

natalie

Oh no, I'm sorriy sing song fum, that youi have taken this decision.

Also, I'm sorry to learn that you have autism.

Couldn't you possibly consider, volunteering and sitll claim hopefully benefits?

Best regards,

Take care.

N

natalie

In my earlier years, i fouind it extrmeley difficult to accept the fac,t I couldn't work right from the word go. In fact, benefits offices advised me, that I couldn't do part time paid, or full time paid work of any kind, so instead, right from the word go, I took to the idea, of volunteering back then, 2004.

S

singsongfun

Thanks Natalie.
I do the occasional bit of volunteer work.
I am too scared to tell the DWP though.

S

singsongfun

I do have autism, but it would have been diagnosed as Asperger's syndrome, but that is now just austism spectrum disorder.

N

natalie

Well, as i say, benefits, said surprisingly that I could do volunteering mainly.

Off course, with the endemic, I am awaiting owing to my anxiety levels, for the laterals testing in my mian base which currently in dock, to be lifted, so that I might be able to go back, to monitoring for volunteering, until such time, I am happily stuck, with volunteering.

S

singsongfun

In my earlier years, i fouind it extrmeley difficult to accept the fac,t I couldn't work right from the word go. In fact, benefits offices advised me, that I couldn't do part time paid, or full time paid work of any kind, so instead, right from the word go, I took to the idea, of volunteering back then, 2004.
That's good the DWP have been so good with you. I was killing myself working right up to 2016. What a mug I was.

S

singsongfun

Well, as i say, benefits, said surprisingly that I could do volunteering mainly.

Off course, with the endemic, I am awaiting owing to my anxiety levels, for the laterals testing in my mian base which currently in dock, to be lifted, so that I might be able to go back, to monitoring for volunteering, until such time, I am happily stuck, with volunteering.
Great. I am still not volunteering due to the pandemic either.

S

singsongfun

Opting out of life is fantastic. I don't think I am going to bother having a relationship again either. Mostly I just exercise (swimming and walking) and stuff my face with food.

S

singsongfun

I find schizophrenia severely disrupts ability to work. I know John Nash won a Nobel Prize, and Lord Burt on here is successfully back at work, but generally it is impossible for most schizophrenic folks. Try hard enough at work and the reward is psychosis.