• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Have I really got PTSD?

B

Bud108

My psychiatrist has told me I have multiple traumas but I haven’t even spoken about them. It’s the first thing he said when I sat down in front of him. He diagnosed me with mixed states bipolar disorder and said once we have treated that he will treat me for ptsd. He wants to treat me with EMDR.
I’ve had 40 rTMS treatments and my mixed states has gone, complete gone. Negative emotions just slide off me.
Has anyone been told they have PTSD if they are unaware of it?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I suppose that if you had trauma in the past that it could lead to this. Do you have any in your past?

introverted_drummer

introverted_drummer

I want to try EMDR but I was told that it is less effective if your trauma happened a long time ago (which mine did). Is this generally true?
I am diagnosed with C-PTSD which I wasn't aware that I had for years. I came to a lot of different conclusions as to what my diagnosis probably was and all of them were wrong according to my current psychiatrist. In the past I was misdiagnosed with Mood Disorder NOS and panic disorder but that was very soon after the trauma happened and I don't think they could've been sure yet.