• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Have i mention i want to die?

H

Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover

Life is not good for me can't hold on to it anymore

S

Signofthetimes

Hi, I found some of the suggestions under suicidal crisis helpful. You've probably seen these before, so have I, but it's good to remember and look again when things spiral. xo

It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Here is another page about how to cope. Come on, a lot of us has been where you are now. We have survived even if we felt surrounded by no hope and darkness. So can you!
Suicide: Read This First (metanoia.org)
"Come on, a lot of us has been where you are now."

Not to be mean, but I think this statement is minimizing his suffering. It also suggests that since he is not like the rest of us, his suffering is wrong.

Blooming

Blooming

"Come on, a lot of us has been where you are now."

Not to be mean, but I think this statement is minimizing his suffering. It also suggests that since he is not like the rest of us, his suffering is wrong.
I cannot agree with you on this! I cannot understand how it is possible to draw such a conclusion! 😱

Of course 'Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover' suffers enormously. So is it said in the link I provided as well:

"Suicide is not chosen; it happens

when pain exceeds

resources for coping with pain".

One suffers more than one is able to cope with. The good news is that so has many of the members here done before him done (of course not all of us). We have been there, suffering just as much as he or she does now. We found a way out, even if our lives felt complete black and meaningless. He or she can use his last resources now, just as we did once. 😍

If she does not use those last resources, next place is the tomb. No, he or she is not weak but stands in a situation where he cannot see a solution, just as others have done before. I wanted to show that even when we cannot see hope, there is still a tiny bit of hope.

T

treasurebox

What you are thinking and feeling is not permanent. It will pass. There will be better days for you.

Listening to motivational and uplifting songs on youtube helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to it daily or as often as you need.

What are you good at or love doing? Is it cooking, baking and doing arts and crafts? Whatever it is, do it for it will make you happy and even fulfilled.

Helping others also makes a person happy. Find a person whom you can help or you may volunteer in your community or online. You may coach or teach online.

H

Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover

Hi Why do you say that?
My life has been rough for as far as I remember, somehow I always put myself into bad situations, and it just doesn't stop. Every try I give I ended up worse and hurt and I just want it to stop.

Blooming

Blooming

My life has been rough for as far as I remember, somehow I always put myself into bad situations, and it just doesn't stop. Every try I give I ended up worse and hurt and I just want it to stop.
You want to stop the circle of bad choices. I can understand that, but it is possible to start a circle of other types of choices too. You just have to know were to begin the new circle right and how to keep it so.

I don't know if you live in the poor mountain sides of Mexico or in other parts where life is more easy. Wherever you live, practice your religion daily if you have one. If you cannot afford therapy, may be you can spend some money on a good self-help book. It is not easy and you will have many setbacks. "Two steps forward and one step back", is always a slow going forward. But at least one is at the right path. Please expect setbacks and accept them when they come.

Many people feel powerless and defeated when it goes backward. It is as if they think they have to master it immediately, but life is not so.

If you can afford a therapist, please use that opportunity. If not, here is a book that perhaps may help you. For 12 $ you can get this book on the free Amazon app and listen to it or read it. You chose what suit you best.

If you have a good friend you trust enough, please tell about your suicidal thoughts to that person for support.

Amazon.com: Breaking the Patterns of Depression (Audible Audio Edition): Michael D. Yapko PhD, Stephen R. Thorne, Tantor Audio: Books

If you have other problems, like problems with not beieng able to relax or with your temper, you can try to google an "antidepressant app". As far as I know 'What's up?' is a user friendly app.

I have prayed for you! (If you don't like prayers, just forget about it 😉 ).