• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Have I got depression?!

R

rednwhitearmy

Hey guys

Ive been feeling un-motivated and pretty down for a while now but im at university and dont like my course so put it down to that. Ive stuck with the degree for 3 years now and coming to the end of it but lately havent been sleeping, been constantly grinding my teeth and have rashes springing up around my arms - all signs of stress.

I feel like its a bit pointless to tell anyone so close to the end of my degree, i think il be fine when its all over but this final push is making it hard and as such my performance is low at best.

Are these signs of depression? Sorry if this is a bit of a lame set of symptoms and im just being stupid but realy need someone to tell me whats going on!! Are sleeping pills the answer?!

Cheers

invise

invise

Hey there,

no doctors on here so unfortunatly noone can really answer if its depression or stress etc. Your not alone though, loads of people here can empathise with you and have had the same emotions and feelings. Maybe you could go see your gp and explain? you'll be suprised at how much help they can be.
Either way, keep posting, it might help...

keepsafe

keepsafe

Welcome Redandwhitearmy:welcome:

R

rednwhitearmy

Thanks guys :)

I have just made an appointment to see my gp, i can throw myself into other things like sport and be completely happy, it jst seems like this part of my life is wrong and its affecting it all!

invise

invise

Hope it goes well, sure it will.

No idea what kinda person you are, but if you dont like talking to a gp you could always write it down... people ask about that quite a lot here. Saves actually having to say "I think im depressed"