• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

hating fps interests?

mikakagehira

mikakagehira

hi! so recently i've just been wondering if this is a bpd thing or... if i'm just a dick. basically, i borderline hate a select few of my fps interests. not all of them, but the ones he's super into. the couple and only examples i have of this is the character tae hanazono from bandori and... bunnies. that makes me look awful i'm sure and as much as i adore them (bunnies) i can't stand to think of him putting his undivided attention on something other than me. it makes me feel as if he now hates me and wants something new to get invested in (as he talks about them constantly), and really really jealous. so i was wondering, is this just me being a dick or does anyone else with bpd experience this too?

PetitPois

PetitPois

Hi @mikakagehira welcome to the forum :hi:

Are you diagnosed with BPD? I have BPD and would say yes this does sound like one of traits we can have with this disorder.

At my worst point with BPD I definitely experienced similar to what you describe to some extent. However I found as I have got older and more experienced with my illness that these type of reactions/emotions have lessened greatly and become controllable.

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

I sometimes hate my boyfriend's tablet. He spends a lot of time on it. I have bpd traits.