• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hates me..

A

act044

My son told me he hates me. My feelings are so incredibly hurt. My world is shattered. I am trying my best to provide and be a good mom. I know he's only coming up four. It still hurts my insides. My worst fears are loosing him and him hating me. I feel so alone. I have no one.

R

Roadfool

At that age he really can't say it and mean it... We both know that. That's just kids for you!

I hope he changes his mind real soon :)

mark payne

mark payne

i'm sure he didn't mean it, my 4 years sis always do the same and after days she change her mind hehe it's just kids, i promise if you buy him something he love he will tell he loves you, he is just a kid!

apple

apple

Try not to take it to heart. It may well be that he's heard another child say it to someone else.

You could try asking him why he said it when you feel a bit calmer about it- perhaps ask if he's angry or sad about something?

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Please don't take this to heart - at four years old he really doesn't understand what he's saying. Unfortunately you'll have more days like these as he grows older too - you have to grow a thick skin and know that you are doing your very best and he'll thankbyou one day x sparkly x

katya

katya

My son told me he hates me. My feelings are so incredibly hurt. My world is shattered. I am trying my best to provide and be a good mom. I know he's only coming up four. It still hurts my insides. My worst fears are loosing him and him hating me. I feel so alone. I have no one.
He doesn't hate you; he's just really young and can't express himself properly. It's probably a sign you're sticking to the rules you set and aren't pandering to him, and by doing that you're doing him a world of good and he will lovely you immensely for that. Don't take it seriously. You're doing so well. :)

D

Dottyone

i would agree kids can say things and totally not mean what they say, especially when they arnt getting their way, hope your ok act044 :hug:

my sisters kids say bad words to my sister and even the f word. their only 6.

A

act044

Thank you. I know he's little and doesn't realize or really understand what he's saying is hurtful. I know he doesn't mean it. He caught me by surprise when he blurted it out and it struck a nerve. I knew it would eventually happen but it's still hurtful especially when I already feel so alone and hated by everyone.

D

danniegirl

If my daughter said that to me, I'd say it back so she knows how it feels.....sounds mean I know..or I'd say "how would you like it if I said that to you?" Tell him he hurt your feelings because he said something mean...see if he remembers and get him to apologise
He definatly didn't mean it though..

I don't know if that advise helps or not.... Just a suggestion. He probably lucked it up off the telly or something...school if he goes to school yet..preschool...yeah

Xxx

A

act044

He probably did pick it up at school. We did have a long talk about it. He told me why he said it and now I feel bad. It's all my fault. These moods and everything that comes along with this illness. I was trying to get him to hurry because I had to pee really badly (when I have to go, I HAVE TO go). I ended up peeing my pants before we got home. I put him in his room for not listening and I vented to hubby about it. I was so embarrassed so I may have overreacted. My son overheard my vent and got his feelings hurt. I have a tendency to zone out and the outside world gets shut off. It's like I'm catatonic. He said he tried to say I love you but ignored him. He said I hate him and that's why he said it. I feel so horrible. I held him tight and apologized telling him how much I love him . We spent some quality time together watching cartoons. I hate the way I am. I'm a horrible person.