• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hate Life

D

DyingAngel

I feel so bad. I don't want to be here. Ive tried crisis teams none of them seem to take me seriously

D

DyingAngel

Thank you . Its nice to know people still care.

Z

Zoe1

hi Angel :welcome: !

hang around here you feel better
maybe have to keep on at the crisis team

:grouphug:🎼:flowers:🌅🌻:goodluck:

D

DyingAngel

Thank you. ive been calling them daily as I feel so bad. someone mental health team called today and got mean pretty much saying not to call them as often But when I call them they always say call back if I need to so im confused

Z

Zoe1

n yeah I know the feeling.
they are short staffed I think is the reason
something really serous happened to me before they took notice

maybe try writing them a stiff letter
saying you are seriously at risk
and ask them to reply to the letter

that sometimes gets more notice
because they have evidence that you are at risk then

D

DyingAngel

Hope ur ok now.

I was thinking do I have to do something bad for them to take notice, which I shouldn't have to do to get some help

Z

Zoe1

it might be possible to get ahead of that
why should we keep harming ourselves to get help ?

what about the Citizens Advice Bureau
maybe they can help ? or a mental health advocate

I

invisible man

Hope you are feeling better. I've been there, Crisis helplines and Samaritans aren't the best tbh. It gets better if you stick around.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Please don't risk harming yourself more, you should be able to call when you need to.
I'm so sorry you don't feel listened to by the crisis team.
Some staff just don't understand self-harm etc, hoping you feel better very soon.
Hugs

Lance__

Lance__

A lot of hugs, Angel
:grouphug:
Hoping you can feel better soon

D

DyingAngel

THank you

The Crisis Team wont talk to me when I called earlier. As im with another team, I need help now but no one seems to understand how desperate I am

S

SunnySide

DyingAngel, this is quite common in my country, people needing urgent help get told to call certain numbers or go to a psychiatrist, but than get told of, or have to wait 3 to 6 months for an intake. Another 3 to 6 months before the treatment starts. Also the 'call someone, there's always somebody who wants to help you out' slogan, the only place I actually found that is on this site. And I found this site last night. It's a horrible search to find the correct person(s) who can help you.

I don't know if this is possible for you or will work in your case, but try to let a parent or sibling call them in your name. Let them say how afraid they are for your wellbeing. Sometimes a third person is the reason for them to take action.

DyingAngel, I'd rather call you FlyingAngel. I hope one day you will feel like one. Bless you.

D

DyingAngel

Thank you for your reply

I have been looking online for help and have found a Counsellor which I will have to pay for and I cant really afford but I know she will help.

Ive given up with mental health services , I know they have staffing problems but im sure im not the only one who feels let down by them.