• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hate & agression towards others.

nonotme

nonotme

sorry if this ends up being long.

for ages now, years I have become more and more aggressive towards other people. [email protected] not become violet as such but its been close. I am angry all the time, at anyone, and everyone. my family, my friends well the odd few I have.

but its people on TV and in the media, I really do want to hurt them I am so angry. its so in built in me I don't know how to stop it, its there, all day and night. ways to hurt others, kill certain people.

I am scared I'm losing it.

how can you calm down? more and more each day I'm scared I might hurt someone for real.

SarahD

SarahD

It sounds like you are really going through it at the moment.

Do you know why you feel anger at these particular people on TV or in the media. Is it because of what they say or do? Or is it because of something inside you? Sometimes when we feel really bad and are getting no help we can feel angry at everyone.

I agree you need to do something about it, especially if you feel it is escalating. Sometimes we have these feelings of anger but there is no danger of acting on them. But it is better not to take the chance.

Are you with services, do you have a cpn or care coordinator? Do you have a therapist? If not I would think you need to see your GP as soon as possible.

If the feelings become urgent you should go to A and E. They would take it seriously if you felt you might hurt someone.

nonotme

nonotme

If the feelings become urgent you should go to A and E. They would take it seriously if you felt you might hurt someone.

yah I get some help but its off the scale today :( I'll just stay inside all day and see if it passes over me.... I am ready to blow my stack so I have to cut myself off from people,

Kerome

Kerome

SarahD is giving some good advice.

If you're afraid this is a long term problem, you could try Buddhist metta meditation, which is a meditation for arousing loving kindness and compassion. There is a good website here:

http://www.buddhanet.net/metta_b.htm

If meditation is not your thing, I'd suggest trying to burn off some of the aggression, maybe by some strenuous exercise like running, or beating up a pillow. It's hard to feel angry when you are tired. And stay away from things which arouse anger or anxiety, like the news. Maybe watch some comedy, or cartoons.

Hope you feel better! Take care... :)

nonotme

nonotme

SarahD is giving some good advice.

Hope you feel better! Take care... :)

will try , I get so angry and for no reason, its hard to explin I've forgotten who and why I'm so angry.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

hate & agression towards others.

Hey,
I can't claim to know how your feeling, I have no anger inside me - not for other people. But I do have inner anger, a demon inside of me that wants to destroy me.
I guess I can only suggest distraction, mindfulness and self preservation. And in the event that you think you will act on these thoughts, get yourself to a and e.
You know, I never realised so many people have fleeting thoughts of self harm and suicide - it's normal. I can't say for sure but maybe many many people struggle with what your struggling with too?

megirl

megirl

Sounds like you are really having things rough

I do get agitated for no reason and want to yell or tell everyone to just fuck off.

Thats bipolar side of things.
The angry hatred towards some people is usually because it has triggered something from my childhood. Learnt pattern of behavour this is the borderline personality disorder side of things. Its really hard to diagnose either and not everyone fits in the same box of symptoms

Yes do get help as you deserve to get well.
The anger will be associated to something and doesnt mean you are a horrible person at all.
Hope you get the right help asap.
And do be 100 % honest this way you can get the right help,

:hug:

nonotme

nonotme

i am stressing today,

I had a bad day yesterday with voices in my head and today I was right of the scale when I had to go out.... i did the polite thing while out. did what I had to and returned home but now I am so agitated and wound up I could scream at the very least.... but killing someone feels a better option. Have to love your thoughts :(

S

Se7en

Are you hearing voices on a regular basis or is it sporadic? I hate you're going through this but what's worked for me has been God, first & foremost. There's a reason why people are called Jesus Freaks- it's because once you have an experience with Him, it's absolutely THE most AMAZING thing to ever occur in life! In relationships with people, it takes more than just one phone all or meeting to create a bond. It's written "Draw near to God & God will draw near to you." James 4:8. So it's up to us to seek Him & once that relationship is realized, THAT is truly being ALIVE! Things that use to annoy you don't bother you anymore & life is a million times more enjoyable.
I love the Daily Audio Bible app, where this guy Brian Hardin does an excellent job & I seriously get in a bad mood if I don't hear it. (Hence, "daily".)

Secondly, medication! A beta blocker like Propranolol helps TREMENDOUSLY in that it actually blocks the chemicals in your brain that are connected to stress. Getting the right dosage is important, so if you don't feel anything get your psychiatrist to bump up the dosage. & again if you have to. It took a lot of experimentation before I found the right antidepressant for me but also if you're hearing voices, an antipsychotic would be helpful. The antipsychotics SUCK but they do make the voices go away, again, at the right dosage. It was CRUCIAL for me to take anti anxiety meds at the same time just so I could cope with the side effects. Thanks be to God, I was able to get off the antipsychotic & am now just taking the antidepressant & propranolol.

A psychiatrist is great for 2 things: the meds & someone you can touch base with. If you have more serious issues, you'll more than likely be told to see a psychologist or a therapist. Me personally, I'm not a fan of that route but in dire situations, they're necessary. Like when I was tested for schizophrenia with a psychologist. Very necessary.

A 30 minute walk or some form of exercise does wonders! You get your steam worked off, feel better & look better in the process. It's a win win.

Explore life. Try to find a hobby or something to focus on, a way to put your energy to better use & get your mind off the things that irritate you. Like for me, it's photography. Or, amuse yourself by making memes that express the anger & irritation that you feel over these people. I posted mine online & it made me feel better. I did that & laughed at my own creative cynicism, even if nobody else got it- I GOT IT.

Hope this helps. Wish I'd done these things years ago instead of making really bad decisions in my stage of anger/rage/aggression. Sucks to look back & wish you had that time back. :doh:

Last edited:
SarahD

SarahD

Hello nonotme

How are you today? If you are still having those extreme thoughts and feelings, have you thought anymore about trying to get some help?

I hope you are feeling calmer now.

T

tsunami

I have been feeling really aggressive and also feeling suicidal, maybe I need to be locked up.

S

sci31A

Try not watching the TV with all the crap on it and the idolisation of insignificant human monkeys with and their emphasis on image, fashion, money, power, status and glamour. All immaterial. As well as the news with all it's negativities and slander throwing.

I would image that your sensory disarray of your condition plays a big part in your anger, frustration and confusion. My advice would be get out somewhere peaceful ''nature walk'' were there is very few people and man made crud.

I don't watch TV. I only watch movies and various DVD's. There's so much crud and mostly only crud on TV I suggest you get your self a dvd player.

nonotme

nonotme

i hate everything esp about myself.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Ganja.

Soothes the savage beast, every time x

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

i hate everything esp about myself.
well I like you nnm; youre never ever mean or bitchy x You are a Nice Person otherwise you wouldn't hate on yourself you would love yourself no matter what you did.

Im so sorry you are going through this. :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Bipolar Forum 37
frisas45 Bipolar Forum 5
N Bipolar Forum 5